The Way Life Should Be

After a long and difficult battle with the super mutants, you had finally found the entrance to the secret lab in the lowest levels of the factory. You wiped the blood and sweat off your forehead. If someone asked you 200 years ago to do anything like this, you wouldve been terrified. But now, it just felt like common nature. In the floor was a pile of dirt, a shallow and unmarked grave. 

"Here it is Nick. We...We have to dig her up." 

"Good god..." Nick looked horrified. "can you actually do this (y/n)?" 

"Yeah....I can do it." 

You grabbed the shovel off the wall and began to dig, quickly hitting the wood of the coffin. You scraped the dirt off the top, and lifted the lid. Inside was the skeleton. You took the holotape inside, listening to it as your stomach felt ill. DiMA had actually killed this woman. 

"Oh god Nick...this is just supposed to be a rescue case...not a full blown murder!" 
"I Know (y/n), but the sooner we figure this out, the sooner we can leave. Grab that locket and lets get the hell outta here." 

-Timeskip-

"I...I killed that woman?"

"Yes...brother. You did." Nick stumbled over the word brother, still trying to get used to the idea. 

DiMA looked to you, both horrified, but confused. He contemplated something for a moment. 

"I believe it best to keep this quiet. I don't wan Acadia to suffer for my...crimes." 

You looked to Nick, pulling him aside for a moment.

"Nick...I dont want Acadia to suffer..but if we tell the people of the harbor...theyre gonna Kill DiMA...and....and I dont feel ok with that either..." 

"(Y/N), I trust your judgement. Go with your gut."

You turned back to DiMA, agreeing that the matter should be kept quiet. DiMA looked very much relieved. Nick looked at you and nodded, seeming to agree with your choice. 

"(y/n), I hate to bring you into more trouble, but in order for there to be peace on this island, we must replace High Confessor Tektus."

"You mean the leader of the Children of Atom?"

"Yes. We can replace him with a synth. The children will listen to him, agreeing to bring peace. Everyone will be satisfied." 

"I'll.....Ill do it."

"Thank you (y/n), Acadia cannot thank you enough for this."

"No need to thank me DiMA. Its...its for the greater good." 

-After going through the ritual to join the children of Atom, you finally made your way to Tektus, convincing him that the previous confessor would be back after you played with the holotapes to give evidence. Taking him down was fairly easy, with Nick's help of course. You went back to Kasumi, now that peace would finally happen in a land where it wasnt thought possible.-

"So....you replaced Tektus...to save Acadia? And everyone else." 

"Yes...I didnt enjoy killing him of course, but this place deserves peace. The world is hard enough. And Acadia, its an ideal worth protecting. No matter what." Nick smiled at that. "Now Kasumi, I think you should go home. Your parents miss you very much." The girl looked down and sighed, ultimately agreeing. As she said her goodbyes you went back to speak with DiMA one last time for now. 

"Till we meet again Nick." 

"Actually DiMA...you can call me brother. Its good knowing I have family out here in this harsh world." 

You grinned widely as the two said their goodbyes and you headed back to the harbor.