"At this rate we'll need to put your name on the signs for the agency."

Nick POV

I stumbled in the door as Ellie turned from sorting the files.

"Nick? You look like hell...what happened..?" 

I stood there silently for a moment, wondering what the best way to state it was. 

"(Y/N)...shes in the institute. Going to find her son." 

"Well they cant hurt her right? I mean, she's no synth." 

I went silent once more. Nobody knew about (y/n)'s little secret between us. I figured that maybe it was about time someone knew. 

"Ellie, she is. Found out during the Nakano case."

"Good God...you dont think theyll....wipe her memory do you?" 

"That's my fear Ellie. (Y/N) is the first thing, first person I can have as my own, and those bastards have her in their dirty mitts. And theres nothing I can do about it..." 

"Oh Nick...Im so sorry..." 

"Its...ok I guess... theres not much anyone could do anyway. She wanted to go. She needs to find her son." I crossed my arms with a sigh. I recalled a memory from a few days ago. She'd just found the victim of a kidnapping, and returned them home. 

~A few days earlier~

"Here she is sir! Your wife is safe and sound." 

"Oh thank you miss! You can tell the minutemen we will be on their side for this..." The man smiled, hugging his wife tightly. I turned to (y/n), chuckling quietly.

"What's so funny Nicky?" She raised a brow, hand on her hip

"Well I was just thinking that with this rate of all the people we're helping, we're gonna have to put your name on the signs for the detective agency." 

"Ha! (L/N) and Valentine detective agency! Has a nice ring to it." 

"Sure does (y/n), it sure does." 

~Present day~

A smile snuck its way onto my face. (Y/n) was tough. If anyone could get through the Institute alive, it was her.