Chapter Three

'I'll be sick and tired of being sick and tired'

Tuesday Morning/Afternoon, Lauren's P.O.V

I woke up to the loud screaming of my alarm clock. I smack the top and groan as I hear it fall off my bedside table, I push the covers off me and stand up. I look out my window to check the weather. Rain. Stupid Bradford weather. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and walk to the hall bathroom, where my mother is getting ready for work.

"Morning, dear." She says, smiling at the through the mirror. 

"Did Jordan and Mack go back?" I ask, hoping Mack left. I grab my toothbrush and squeeze on some toothpaste.

"Mack left, went back to school and Jordan is downstairs with Ann." I spit of my toothpaste and wipe my mouth with the towel hanging by the big mirror.

"Did she say when she was coming back?"

"Not till September." That's a good four-five months without the biggest brat ever, and it's going to be the best four months ever.

"YAYA!" I squeal, jumping up and down like a little bunny.

"Sheesh, you guys are really rude." She roles her eyes.

"Have you seen her?!" I screeched. "She is full of herself! She sleeps around like it's a game, and you get money for it!" I throw my hands up. I grab a hair tie from the first drawer and pull my hair up in a big bun again.

"Do not talk about your sister like that! Next time I hear something like that you are grounded." She threatens, but I won't stop. You might not see it, but Mack is a horrible person. I can't believe she is the girl I have to look up too. She never helped me when I got my first period. She said she had to deal with it herself, so I had to too. She never paints my nails while we talk about boys. She never once helped my in the halls when I was a freshman. She told me at school we don't know each other. She didn't even drive me to school. But when she moved to for college all she ever talked about was how she missed me and Jordan. I just don't get it. When she moved to the heart of England all she wanted to do was move back to her family. Every weekend she would visit, but now she only visits during her Christmas break and when her old friend Izzy is back in town.

"I'm sorry." I grumble and walk back to my room. I pick out a red loose tank top with the sides cut almost to the waist line, with a white bralette underneath. I pair it with some random jeans and white converse. I add little make-up to my face, just enough so it doesn't look like I stayed up till 2 in the morning playing fortnite like the little white boys at my school. but I'm sure black and other race boys play that game.

I walk down the steps and into the kitchen to see Jordan making waffles and Ann (His girlfriend) standing behind him with her hands around her waist. I groan and grab an apple.

"Well, good morning," Ann says, She was one of the man girlfriends that Jordan had, but he seemed to stick with her. I'm glad too because she actual seems smart, unlike the other ones.

"Good morning," I say through a mouth full of apple.

"I'm making waffles, you know. Your favorite." Jordan says without turning his back.

"I don't have time, school starts in an 30 minutes." 

"So why are you rushing?" 

"I have to walk today. My car broke down, thanks to your boyfriend over here." 

"I didn't mean to run over the curb!" He says, turning around and pointing a knife at me.

"But you did, anyways can I borrow a sweat shirt? I don't feel like wearing my raincoat."

"Yeah, I have some in the basket in the living room." He says, waving his hand in the air.

I run into the living room and grab his blue basket ball sweat shirt, with Babak written in white letters on the back. I carefully pull it over my hair, trying not to mess up my hair. I pull the hood up and pull the strings. I run back into the kitchen, ignoring Ann and Jordan's laughter. I don't care that I look like an emo turtle. 

I grab my bag, the umbrella, and my phone off the table and walk out into the rain.

~~

I run into the school and pull off my hood and shake out the umbrella. I yank off my (Jordan's) sweat-shirt and quickly fix my hair and shirt. I walk up to my locker and open it. I watch as student's walk by, little freshman come walking in with their rain coats and hats on. They look like they are ready to jump in puddles, but when I was a freshie I did the same thing.

"Hey, Laur." Connor says, coming up to me with her book in hand.

"Hey," I smile.

"Did Mack leave?" 

"Thankfully, yes."

"Good, that means I can come over now." She laughs, running a hand through her hair. I looked at the clock behind her and see we still have ten minutes before class starts. 

"Really?"

"Yep." We start walking towards our first class: Art. I kinda like and don't like Art, I like how it's more of an independent class, but I don't like how loud it gets. The Stupid Art teacher; Mrs. Leah doesn't really do anything. She just sits in her desk and reads stuff on her computer. We walk into the room and pick the table closes to the door. 

"But I can't have you over tonight, I have to work on that stupid science project with my partner tonight." I roll my eyes and look down at my phone, scrolling through Instagram.

"Same, but I bet it's nice, Brooke is just a self centered and plain old rude." She rolls her eyes.

"Yes he's cute and all, but he's super shy and rarely ever says anything."

"Does he do the work?"

"Yes."

"Then I don't see that problem."

(Zayn's P.O.V)

I don't want to go over to Lauren's house again. Her family is great and all but it's so damn hard to think with her around. Ever sense she walked in the doors on her first day of sixth grade I couldn't get her out of my little head. Her hair, her smile, those beautiful brown eyes, and her wonderful voice. She's everything. Everything I have ever wanted.