Chapter Five

'I got told danger follows everywhere you go' 

Wednesday morning/ afternoon, Lauren's P.O.V

"Good morning, honey." My mother says, kissing me on the head.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask, fixing my two space buns. Today was one of those days were Mack is not a bitch, she did my hair and helped pick out my outfit. I know something's up but I do't want to ruin it. 

"What do I look like your maid? Have cereal, I have to go to work." She says and grabs her bag before walking out the door. The second she leaves Mack comes down that stairs with a bright smile on her face.

"Cut the act, what's going on?" I say pouring milk in the bowl of fruit loops.

"Nothing. She chirps. She pulls her curly hair (Just like mine) into a bun with the hair tie on her wrist.

"Yes there is." Jordan says, coming out from the basement, where his bedroom is.

"Nope, nothing," She says again.

"I don't believe this bullshit."

"Well gotta run!" She says and rushes out the door and into her small black car.

'Why do we keep letting her in this house?" I groan, putting my head on the counter.

"I have no idea, you might want to hurry you're going to be late." He points at the clock, I look and see it's already seven twenty and I'm still eating breakfast. I jump from my seat and throw my bowl into the sink. I grab my backpack off the hook and run out the door.

~~

I park my car in my normal spot in the school parking lot. I look down at the clock and see it's just turning seven thirty. Good, I have ten minutes to get to my locker and go to class, Art, with Connor. I look around the room and don't see anyone. A few minutes later Mrs Leah walks in, in her normal skinny jeans and paint splattered white shirt. Her light blonde hair is up in a little bun on the top of her head. Surprisingly she looks happy today.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, looking around again at the empty tables.

"We still have ten minutes." She says, sitting at her desk.

"Oh."

"Lauren!" I feel someone jumps on top of me. I look and see Connor looking at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I ask cocking an eyebrow.

"I heard from Sophiea that Josh Smith was going to ask you out!!!" She says, jumping up and down.

"He's sooo cute." 

"Yeah whatever." I saw as the other students start coming into the classroom. Josh is really cute I must admit, but I don't like people like him. So full of themselves, reminds me of Mack. We take a seat at our normal table.

"Whatever?! Have you see his eyes? I mean I haven't cause I've never been close enough to him but I heard they are a really pretty blue." She says dreamily. I think she wants this more than I do. that's for sure.

"Even if it's true I'm not going to say yes. I don't like him like that." I say as it gets closer to when school starts.

"Are you crazy?"

"No, you are."

"Worst come back ever." I hear a voice behind me. It's Josh Smith.

"What?" I say, blanking out, in the corner of my eye I see Connor smirking.

"I was just commenting on that horrible come back you made." He laughs. I don't get why Connor is fangirling over him. Normal brown hair swooped over his forehead and dull green eyes. just like every other boy in our year.

 "Oh,".

"I was also wondering if you would like to get out wit me sometime?" He gives me a small smile.

"She would love too!" Connor answers for me, I turn my head and glare at her.

"Alright, I'll be there at 6." 

"Don't you need my address?" I ask, confused on how he is going to get there.

"No need, your older sister's Mackenzie, right?" I nod my eyes still slightly confused.

"Mack is dating my older brother, Mason." He says, like I was supposed to know that.

"What?" Connor and I both say at the same time. How come she never told me that? Oh right, because she's a bitch.

"Anyways see you at 6." He winks and walks back to his table filled with boys. The bell rings and I turn towards Mrs. leah

~~

It's now lunch and I'll all alone because Connor had a doctor's meeting and won't be bacl till 8th period, that leaves me alone for one class period. It's still bad. I look down at my phone while I eat my ham and cheese sandwich. I see I have a text from Zayn. Weird I thought we finished the project?

Zayn: Am I still coming over 2night?

Me: I thought we finished?

Zayn: ha we still have to work on the presentation

Me: Crap I can't I have a date

Zayn: Oh, tomorrow then?

Me: Sure.

Zayn: Cool.

(Zayn's P.O.V)

My heart just broke a little more. I knew I didn't stand a chance after I heard Josh talking to his friends. I didn't believe she would say yes. I thought she was different. She just seemed so nice. I guess I'm just another nerdy science project partner. I bet after we finish and we present she won't talk to me anymore. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

I stare at my lunch, no longer hungry. I look at the few friends I have, Harry, Niall, Louis and Liam. They are all talking about the new art project coming up. Good thing I didn't take it this year. 

"Who was your partner for the science project?" Niall asks, pushing his glasses up.

"Lauren Babak." I say, taking my time saying her last name.

Liam laughs, "Deja vu." Of course I told the boys that I like her. I did the first day I saw her. We were all sitting on the bleachers watching students playing football when her mother pulled up to the school. Her mum and her got out they took a tour of the school. At the time she and I didn't have any classes together, and I was kinda glad I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of her. 

"What does that mean?" 

"You still like her, right?" Louis asks with a mouth full of Cheetos.

"Of course."

"And you still haven't done anything? Not a single move?" Liam asks. Out of all of us Liam was the ladies man. Even when he's one of the biggest nerds in the school he still gets the ladies. 

"No, and I don't plan on it. Anytime soon."