Chapter Nine

'I wanna make you mine'

Friday, Lauren's P.O.V

"Is that Zayn?" Connor asks, she did end up coming today, Her step-brother's best friend Ashton stayed with Calum.

I look up from my from my phone and look at him. He lost his glasses and stubble dotting his chin and cheeks. Saying he was good looking was a understatement. He was hot. He was just talking to his friends while every girl in the school stared in awe. His hair was a fluffy messy on his head and he wore his normal jeans and white tee.

"Yeah," I smile lightly.

"YOOUUU like himmm." Connor teases me. I smack her on the shoulder as we walk to art.

"Leave me alone." I grumble.

"Haha, you do!" I roll my eyes and keep walking down the hallway.

"So what? He's just my partner it's never going to happen." 

"Yes it is, just think about it. He tells you he likes you over a cute study date. And did you see how hot he looked today?!" She claps her hands.

We turn down the another hallway and see Amber, Sophiea Anderson, and Brooke Jones. The girls like me worst nightmare.

"Have you seen Zayn today?" Amber gushes, she flips her fake blonde hair over her shoulder and sighs. I bet she didn't even know he went to this before.

"I know, he was cute before, but now..." Brooke fans herself. Ugh.

"Too bad, I heard he likes Lauren." She whispers, well it's not whispering when you can hear them from the other side of the hall.

Connor grabs my hand and drags me into the art room. "You hear that? he likes you too!" She squeals.

"Are you really going off of what Sophiea Anderson said? She is the biggest lair in the whole school, high school and middle school!" 

"So what? What if she heard it was from Liam or Harry?" 

"They would never told a soul outside their little group." I say sitting at our table just as the bell rings. I look over and see Niall sitting at a table all alone. As the teacher talks, I have a mini battle in my head, Should I go over there and ask him? Would he tell Zayn right away? Maybe I should just go over there first, just to be nice. 

Once the teacher is done talking, I pick up my stuff and nudge Connor, I point behind my hand over to Niall's table. She nods and grabs her stuff. We walk over and set our stuff down quietly. "Oh hey, Lauren." He says, shyly as always, "What are you going?"

"You seemed lonely." I shrug.

"And does Zayn really like Lauren?" I smack Connor on the shoulder. I was trying not to be blunt.

"I'm really sorry about her." I smile awkwardly.

We sit in silence before Niall starts drawing. I quickly take my phone out of my back pocket and text Connor.

Me: I can't believe you just did that!

Con: It's that what you were coming over here for?

Me: No! I was just being nice.

Con: Sorry.

Me: You made poor little Niall all awkward. After something like this how I'm I going to make him talk to me again?!

Con: What do you mean?

Me: It takes a little bit for the boy. Super Shy. 

Con: Apparently very awkward too.

Me: We'll sue him for not being a people person!

Con: Sorry.

Me: You should be telling that to Niall not me

Con: yes mommy.

"I'm really sorry, Niall." Connor says, he looks up from his project and just smiles.

"Oh it's fine. But Zayn not going to be when I tell him that I told you he likes you." Niall smirks. That's the most I have ever heard him talk. He's a lot more shy than the rest of the guys.

Connor gasps and slaps my arm. "What the hell was that for?!" I yell, smacking her back.

"That's funny because She also likes Zayn." I smack my hand over her mouth but it's too late. Now Niall knows, and I bet he's going to tell Zayn.

"You can't tell him." I beg, while getting my art project out of my folder. Mind as well get some work done while we're here.

"I won't." Yes he will. I don't doubt he will, They have been best friends for how long? I bet they tell each other everything, from their first kiss to when their parents get into fights.

"I'm so sorry Laur!" Connor wraps her arms around my shoulders, pulling me into a hug. I roll my eyes at Niall whose mouth turned up.

"get off me and get to work, this is due in two weeks." 

"Yes mommy." She rolls her eyes, but gets her paper out that has a unfinished drawing of an angel on it. I look down at my flower. It's not as good as hers.

Niall laughs. "You guys are somethin' else."

"Yeah we are." Connor laughs.

"No she is."

"We aren't doing this again." Connor grumbles.

"Whatever."