Meltdowns

Okay so before I start, if you haven't read the rest of this book then I'd reccomend going back to the beginning and reading my story about autism. This isn't made up and I am talking from personal experience, I am not speaking for autism as a whole, I'm just speaking about my experiences. Also any haters will be repored and I won't have to deal with you.

Okay so here goes, a meltdown is a term used by some people with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and Asbergers Syndrome (AS). A meltdown is probably why most people think of those with autism are child like, however the truth is that quite a few of us are fairly intelligent and adult about most things.

I should probably explain what a meltdown is right now so I will. In my personal experience a meltdown is probably what you see on tv with Autistic children screaming and throwing punches etc etc at people, be it a parent/guardian/carer, a loved one, a partner, a relative, or even a friend. These are generally started when the Autistic person is annoyed at agitated by something or someone, and generally end in tears for the Autistic person and the person/people on the receiving end.

For a lot of Autistic people however these don't happen all of the time. As some of you may already know, I was diagnosed with Asbergers Syndrome in 2007, and I have meltdowns myself. Mine generally occur after a period of time when I've been under a lot of pressure, and I generally take my anger on inanimate objects, generally by throwing them. I have broken a lot of coat hangers through meltdowns as I generally grab plastic ones and snap them to vent out my anger. I however only have a meltdown about once a month, I try to avoid it whenever possible but sometimes it is impossible. Im mostly a peaceful person who punches a pillow to get rid of anger.

So that's my story. If you think of this as a stupid way of being able to make me vulnerable them you're wrong. I will have you reported and blocked if you do.

If anyone has any non offensive questions though then I am happy to answer them :)