epilogue

after the day carter left for philadelphia neither devon or carter stayed in contact a lot. carter busy with hockey and devon busy with her senior year of high school and making sure she was college ready. they hadn't talked to each other in two months, both hating that it was like that but thats just how it ended up.

devon finally graduated with her best friends and was ready to have a great summer with them. but those summer plans were ruined when taylor was going to chicago for the summer then staying for columbia, mindy went on vacation with her mom, and annie went with riley back to his home. yeah she felt lonely, all of her friends left and either weren't coming home or wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

carter played a few games as a flyer in the regular season and played in his first playoff game. the flyers lost against the pens in the first round but carter couldn't even believe he was playing in the nhl. after the post season he went back to his home to visit with his family then went on vacation with some of his teammates.

they both thought about texting each other but they figured it was over. carter left to pursue his dream and devon would be leaving to go to college to focus on making her dream come true.

maybe leaving was for the best.

-

[a/n and that's the end!! sad to end it but hopefully a new book will start up! And who knows maybe I'll do a sequel lol.

Anyways, thanks for everyone who read this book, voted and commented. I really appreciate it! 💗💗💗]