Chapter 27: "Why would you do this?"

_________________

"Am I wrong to be selfish?"

_________________

Long chapter ahead~

If you had a dollar for every time you sighed, your fortune would double itself immediately.

"So, why did you call us here?" Wonwoo was the first one to ask you, the silence quickly filling in when you didn't answer.

"I..." You trailed off, after a few minutes."want to talk about what's happening right now. To clear all of our misunderstandings and for us to know what exactly is the problem and how can we find a solution to it. Life for me is like a fiction of some sort, and you never know if some plot twist would happen in your way. And this is an example of what I said. I think all of us have secrets that we need to tell each other so that we can face it properly, so that we could fix it properly."

"This talk isn't important. All we know is that Shinjae is coming to get you because you're special. Enemies turned into allies but we still can't trust completely. Unexpected people came to help. Finished. So if you'll excuse me I—"

"Hoseok-hyung, let's just sit. Maybe this is our ticket so that we won't get cramped with schedules again. We can return to normal idols again." Your heart plummeted to your stomach as you heard Jimin whisper to the older. Does it mean that all of the memories that you all shared was nothing. That they just want to be normal too?

You scoff at yourself, you were being selfish again. Even if you didn't admit it to yourself, you wanted them to stay. All 8 of you would have fun again after this. But it was your mistake to hope again as they just wanted to be normal again. Idols with cramped schedules, late nights at studios and practice rooms to perfect their moves, their fans who they treat as their family who adore them, it was the life that they wanted. You can't compare to that.

What can you do to let them stay with you, continue to be your guardians and at the same time be idols?

Nothing.

Besides, this might be the best thing for all of you. To return to normal. At least you could still have something that nobody can take; being a fan who only watches, but never let in inside their hearts, as selfish as it may sound.

As if he heard your battle of raging emotions, you felt Wonwoo's hand grasp yours tightly. Looking at him, you force a smile at him, in which he replied with a flick at your forehead.

When you were about to protest, he leans down to whisper at your ear, "Screw them. You still have me, your amazing and gorgeous best friend in the whole wide world. So who needs idols when you have one right in front of you? Seventeen's Wonwoo at your service."

Finally, you let out your first giggle. The emotions inside your head lessened, enough for you to concentrate. Taking a deep breath, you can feel Wonwoo's grip on your hand tighten, and that was enough for you to start. "Why don't we start with my parents, who somehow managed to track us down and defeated most of Shinjae's men. But, I thought that you were hypnotized by BTS so that you don't know about all this guardians and essence shit."

With everyone's eyes on them, Soomin, your mother, cleared her throat before staring at your eyes. "First of all, no swearing young lady. And second of all, I thought that you might know what roles we portray. Especially the guardians in this room right now."

"What do you mean, mom?" You tilted your head.

It was your father's turn to chuckle. "We're the peoole who assign guardians to the people their guiding. We're the rumored rulers of the guardian world. Not to mention our abilities to defeat people and guardians easily with our skills and if needed to, powers. Both of us kept this a secret from you so that you wouldn't get involved with danger, but as seeing that you were almost killed, we have no choice but to tell you the truth." He paused for a bit, for a dramatic effect.