TMSL Chapter One: Linked By the Mind

"This is your destiny! Quickly, take the compact and transform, hurry pom!" The pixie demanded, handing Max the small blue compact with a purple gem on the top.
Out of nowhere, the colossal dog-beast rushed out of the forest, trees flying; one slamming into the mess hall.

"What the fuck?! You want me to take this and do what?" Max yelled at the tiny pink-pixie.
"Listen, do you want to die?" The pixie stated.
"Well no but-"
"If you want to save your friends and your skin, take the compact and transform pom pom!" The pixie ordered, dropping the blue item in the boy's hands.
"I fucking hate you, Lulu." He muttered softly before opening the compact and uttering the words.
"I know you do pom!" She smiled.

———————————————
And ever since that summer, Max had been a guardian of the Earth to his displeasure. It's not like he hated the job, he loved it. But would never admit that to his Pixie, Lulu. They had now been best friends.

This summer was his third year of Camp, now being thirteen. He had been a guardian for three years now. A long battle, just him. Whenever creatures appeared, sometimes he wished he had someone to fight with, but it was only him...until now.

—————————————————-
"Wake up, wake up pom!" Lulu ordered, shaking the boy awake.
"Mmhn...What?" Max groaned, pulling the covers over his head.
"Wake up you lazy excuse for a magical girl!" She yelled, yanking the covers off of the sleeping boy.
"The hell did you say about me?!" He shot up, searching around the room for the little pink pixie.
"Surprise! That's how you get Max up in the morning pom." Lulu giggled, beaming.
"I'll show you!" Max yelled, grabbing the little pixie and tickling her tummy. "Who's a good magical girl now?" He laughed.
"Okay, okay, I give pom pom! She laughed, her tiny arms flailing in the air.
Max let go of the tiny pixie, as soon as she did she grabbed a cup of coffee. "Here ya' go. Fresh~"
"Lulu...How did you get this?" He asked, peering at the coffee.
"I used magic silly."
"Lulu, what did we say about using magic?" Max scolded, resting his coffee mug in his lap.
"No using magic unless an enemy attacks pom...."
"Exactly, though this coffee tastes good...I'm afraid to ask what's in here..."
"Coffee beans, water, welver tongue..."
"WELVER TONGUE?! LULU!" Max yelled, spitting out his coffee and putting the mug on the floor.
"Well yeah...you hand it back on Reikan pom..." The pixie muttered.
"I hate welvers...Whatever let's go, unfortunately."
"Why do you hate it here?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.
"Because it fucking sucks Lu." Max sighed, getting up from his small cot and reaching for his hoodie.
"Maxi, why do you wear the same thing everyday pom?" Lulu asked, getting closer to the boy.
"Because it's comfy." He stated.
"It's raining..." She told, frowning. "Here pom pom!" Lulu held her arm and touched Max's chest, transforming the blue hoodie into a grey cloak with a subtle gold line on the bottom.
"Lulu it's awesome. Looks like it came straight from Ithersta..." Max smiled. "Come here you pink little brat!" He laughed, hugging the little pixie.
"I love you too Maxi but we gotta
go pom pom!!" She yelled.
"Alright, Lulu, bracelet form!"
"Okay, Max pom!" And just like that, Lulu formed her body to look like a small silver bracelet, with her head on a charm, hanging from the bracelet.

Max walked out of his tent, craving coffee. He walked to the mess hall and spotted his friends, Nikki and Neil, sitting down next to them.
"Morning." Max sighed.
"Hey!" Nikki said, excitement bursting from her words.
"Morning Max," Neil replied flatly.
They began talking, just random friend talk until David walked by and greeted the children. While Max was taking a long gulp of his coffee, David spoke.
"You shouldn't drink so much coffee..." David said, worry in his tone.
"I'll be fine Camp Man." Max rolled his eye, taking another sip.
"Well okay then..."
"You like him pom pom!!!" Came a high-pitched voice. Max turned to his bracelet and glared.
"What was that?" Neil asked.
"It sounded weird..." Nikki remarked.
"Be right back guys..." Max said, gritting his teeth.

Max stepped outside and behind the mess hall. "Lulu! WHAT THE FUCK?!" He yelled, his face a bright red.

"But it's true pom! You like him~" The pixie mocked, transforming into her regular self.
"No, I DON'T." Max retorted, huffing and crossing his arms.
"We're linked pom. I know what you're thinking all the time~" Lulu giggled innocently.
"No way." The boy said, dumbfounded.
"Yep pom!" She smiled happily.
"Max?" A voice called, sounding closer by the second.
"Lulu, bracelet, NOW!" Max whisper-demanded.
"Got it pom pom!" She whispered back, with much enthusiasm.
Finally, Max turned around, and there was David, completely frozen.

"David I can explain."

To Be Continued...

I LOVE MAGICAL GIRL MAX. Did...Did I just create a new au? I THINK SO. Idk I JUST WANTED TO DO THIS WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE MAHOU SHOJO!!!!!!!! Btw, anyone who knows what Ithersta is from, I'll give you a shout out ;)