=2=

Daeun's P

Daeun's P.O.V

"Hyojong...", I whispered into my best friend's ear.

He didn't move at all on the bed next to me.

"Hyojong wake up, you have to go to your house.", I told him shaking his arm a bit.

He rolled himself over to face me and his eyes opened a bit. "Okay."

I watched him remove the blanket from his body and slowly stand up taking his pillow off of my bed with his eyes half closed.

"Thanks for letting me sleep here again.", he said then let out a yawn.

"Yea. Do you think you'll be able to walk home safely?"

He nodded and opened his eyes a bit more. "Yep..."

I almost fell back asleep, when I heard a loud thump and then another after the other.

I quickly left my bed and hurried out of my room to see what had happened.

Before I took another step, there was Hyojong's body lying on the bottom of the stairs. "Ah, my back...", he said wincing and rolling over on the ground."

I shook my head in disappointment.
"I'm walking you home."

— • —

Me and Hyojong began walking down the sidewalk to school.

"Do you have to wear black everyday?", Hyojong asked looking at my outfit.

"No. Sometimes I wear grey.", I told him brushing off some of the dust that was on my hoodie.

He looked away from me and instead at the cement sidewalk. "...I left my hoodie at your house."

"You leave a lot of clothes at my house.", I replied quickly.

A lot of times I didn't like talking. Hyojong always found a way to get me to talk though.

— • —

Before class had started, me and Hyojong were standing just in front of my locker in the hallway.

We quietly looked at the five boys who had come around the corner, as girls and boys genuinely respected them, and admired them as they walked by.

I huffed as a response. "Look at them, always trying to act cool."

Hyojong looked up at me. "But they are cool, don't you think?"