=4=

Daeun's P.O.V

It was hard for me to wake up the next morning for school, so I slept in.

I later woke up almost an hour past the time I was supposed to.

Ahhh...

I quickly got out of bed and got ready as fast as possible. As much as I didn't want to show up at school, I still had to go, and being late was even worse because when I show up everyone's eyes will be on me when I walk into the classroom. The separation, the solitude, the partition, I hated it all.

I was already late when I left the house, and Hyojong had texted me because we usually walk to school together.

Hyojong: Where are you?
Hyojong: Are you coming to school today?
Hyojong: Did you sleep in?

I texted him back as soon as I could.

Me: Yea I'll be a bit late, you can go without me.

Hyojong: ...uh okay

— • —

As I predicted, I had showed up to my first class, late.

I put my head down as I quickly walked to my seat and hoped the teacher wouldn't call me out...

But she did.

"Daeun, you're late."

No shit Sherlock.

"I was just picking partners for our Chemistry project."

I didn't say anything or give her any eye contact. I just sat down and prayed that I would not end up with either of the two boys in my class that gained a lot of attention.

"Hanna, you're with Jaehyun.", she said. "Eunha, you're partners with Seungmin."

I could see a smile appear on Eunha's face, while other looked a bit upset that they wouldn't be partners with the cute boy.

"Which means Hyunjin you're with Daeun.", Ms. Yoo said, finishing the pairing of students.

Why...

Hyunjin turned his head around looked at me from the very back. I looked at him as well very briefly and then averted my eyes from him.

"Okay. You may now get with your partners and start planning for your project."

I didn't move from where I was. So later Hyunjin got up and walked to the back of the classroom where I was seated.

He took a seat beside me. "Hi.", he said.

I looked at him without saying a word. I think my glare was intimidating because he refused to make eye contact with me after that.

"Also, we're a bit behind from the other classes, so the due date for this project will be very soon. I consider you find time after school to meet up or something.", the teacher continued.

We both sat in silence for a very long time. Later Hyunjin went to talk to Seungmin and Jaehyun for the time span of the rest of the period. I sat by myself and used my phone.

He finally came back to me, and was brave enough to say something.

"Hey. I get you aren't really a people person...but we kind of have to work...this project is due really soon."

"Okay.", I told him. "We'll split the project in half then we each work on one half."

This is what I usually did in any group project I was in. Usually they'd accept, but Hyunjin was different...

"It's a group project...we're supposed to work on it together not independently.", he said.

"I said we'll split the project in half. Then we're both working on the one project. It's still group work."

"No.", he said as the bell rang.

We stood up at the same time and looked like we haven't settled the small argument we had started.

"...do you want to come over to my house to work on this?", he asked.

I don't want to go to your house...

I looked at him silently.

"I mean...if you're not comf—

"It's okay. I'll come.", I told him.

"Um...can I get your number...", he asked and brought out his phone.

"Uh yeah.", I answered and took the phone which had been opened to 'Contacts'.

I handed it back to him with my number put in and left the classroom.
___________________________