=4= cont.

Me and Hyojong ate outside for the second time this week for lunch break.

"Are you feeling better...from yesterday?", I asked Hyojong.

Yesterday, we did some other things than just sitting and talking. But I could tell Hyojong was still a bit upset about the incident involving his parents that day.

Hyojong nodded his head and then shoved a baby carrot into his mouth.

"Guess who I got partnered with for the chemistry project?", I asked upsettingly.

"Who?"

"Take a guess.", I told him.

"Um...", he then swallowed the carrot that was in his mouth. "Uh, Hanna?"

"Nope."

"Seungmin?", he then asked.

"Even worse..."

"Hyunjin. You got partnered with Hyunjin.", he said.

I nodded my head. "Sucks doesn't it. How am I going to work with him?"

"I actually don't know."

"He also invited me to work on it at his house after school today.", I continued.

"At his house?", he asked more enthusiastically.

"Yea...I'm sorry if you wanted to hang out...", I told him.

"No, it's fine. I needed to get my hair dyed anyways.", he chuckled a bit and pointed and the top of his head.

"Oh. Right. Please, text me when you get it done, and send me a picture too."

He nodded. "I will."

— • —

School had ended for the day, and I was still unsure about how I would get to Hyunjin's house.

I hoped he wouldn't find me so that he would cancel it, and we could just do the project individually, but an unknown number shrunk my confidence.

Unknown: Hi, it's Hyunjin

Dang it.

Unknown: I'll met you by the doors.
Unknown: Then we can go to my house.

What kind of person allows a student they've never talked to into their house? I mean...

Unknown: Sounds good?

Me: -_-

Unknown: I'll take that as a yes 😁

I bet everyone he works with requests it.

I walked to the front of the school, Hyojong had already gone home, or elsewhere.

I stood quietly for only about a few more seconds then a teenage boy ran up beside me.

"Sorry, I was a bit late...", Hyunjin said.

As usual, I didn't want anything to do with him.

"...my car is this way.", he continued and began walking. I couldn't move, my body and mind told me not to.

I don't know if I can do this...

"H-Hey.", I stuttered, stopping Hyunjin from walking. He then turned around and looked at me. "I-I'm sorry, I just don't know if I can do this...", I told him.

"Why not?", he asked.

The heck?...Can't he just let me be?

"I'm just not used to this kind of thing.", I admitted.