Chapter 18

Collins Compound was nothing like Stellar. The entrance opens up to a large area, buzzing with people. Boy and girls of all different ages. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. Why were boys and girls together? There was only one compound, with no courtyard or anything to separate the boys and girls.

"They only separate by age, not gender." Cole explains to me. Fasha, who looks about as confused as I feel, says "What about... You-know-what?"

Catching onto to what she was talking about, Cole smirks. "They trust you not to do that. If you do you get serious punishments. Let's say for instance...Transferred?" Fasha's eyes go wide as she stares at him in shock.

"Alright well, if I remember correctly there's an temporary stay somewhere around here." Cole says, obviously suppressing a smile.

I give him a doubting look. "You haven't been away that long."

As he smiles down at me, a high pitched squeal came from behind us. "Cole? Oh my goodness! Your back!" 

I turn to see a girl about our age, running towards Cole smiling big. The girl had curly light brown hair and a sly touch to her dark green eyes. Cole beamed back, and embraced her.

Me and Fasha stood there awkwardly, while they hugged. Cole really seemed to enjoy her company. A twinge of jealousy ran through my veins, but I quickly push it away.

She looks over Cole's shoulder at me and Fasha. Her heart shaped face lights up into a brilliant smile. "Cole? Who are they?"

"Oh." He turns to us. "Ava, Fasha, this is Leila Young. Leila this is Ava and Fasha."

Her smile grows. "Hi! Are you guys friends of Cole's?"

"Uh...Yeah. Something like that." I say feeling even more awkward then ever.

Sensing my awkwardness, she gives me an apologetic smile, and turns back to Cole. "So how long are you staying?" Hope was gleaming in her forest green eyes.

"Only a few days. A week at most."

She pouts, puffing out her pink bottom lip.

"Aw!"

"Listen, can you help us find a little girl?" Cole asks Leila. She frowns slightly, "Sure. I guess. What's her name?"

Cole turns to me, raising his eyebrows.

"Carmen Courtier. She's like my little sister. You have to help me." I know, begging for a girl's help two minutes after I meet her isn't exactly helping my pride, but I'm desperate.

She smiles softly. "Of course I'll help you. A friend of Cole's is a friend of mine." She wraps her arms around his waist as she says those words. And pain filled my heart. And it must have shown in my eyes because Fasha, who has been quiet this entire time, grabs my arm and says to Cole. "So where did you say this temporary stay was?"

His eyebrows lower as his brilliant blue eyes flick between me and Fasha in confusion. But he nods. "Down the hall to the right."

Fasha nods and tugs me in that direction. Leaving Cole and Leila. Alone.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

So I'm going to start dedicating chapters to people. This chapter is dedicated to @JackieBuckle. For being the first one to ever vote on this book. I'll always be grateful.

So, did you guys enjoy? I hope so. I seriously love you guys so much. You my lovely Wattpad family are my inspiration.  The reason that keeps me wanting to write.

Okay so I'll probably be going home this Monday. So my updating schedule might be a little off. :\

Alright you guys are probably getting tired of me so I'll be going! Please vote and comment! Love you guys!

Oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

<3 Bree