Part Seven

Khushi looked up slowly at Arnav, her heart racing so quickly she was struggling to breathe.

"You want to leave me" she asked, her voice timid

This could not be true. He couldnt leave her, he wouldn't. Because he loved her and you dont walk away from the ones you love.

"You can still stay in the house, just the contract is over"

He wanted so badly for her to disagree with him, tell him he was stupid. Make everything better like she always did when he messed up.

"You want to leave me" she repeated, she had to be sure.

Arnav sighed "Yes"

Khushi nodded "Okay, if thats what you want"

It wasn't what she wanted at all. But she couldn't force him to stay. She didnt blame him, he was out of her league from day one. It was only so long before he realised that to.

XXX

Arnav helped Khushi sit down, her eyes glanced over the contract papers, she grabbed the pen and scribbled her signature down, Arnav took the pen from her hold and did the same.

Neither wanting to long it out incase they lost the courage and begged the other to stay

She couldn't help but want to cry. But she wouldn't. Not in front of him. She was never going to beg him to stay if he didnt want to.

"So this is it, it's really over then"
Arnav looked away, nodding his head slightly

He would always love her, but she deserved to be free.

"This isnt a divorce though, we're still married, so if you want to move on, you'll have to wait"

There was no way she could live seeing him with another woman.
It would kill her, because even if he didnt want her, she wanted him

Arnav looked back at her "I dont want to move on" he whispered

"We'll see" she stood up, walking towards the bathroom, trying to pull in her anger, now wasn't the time

Arnav turned, flinching as she slammed the door behind her, he closed his eyes allowing the tears to fall.

He fell to his knees, no longer worrying about his suit as he let out all the emotions of the past few days.

XXX

Khushi rolled her eyes, gripping her towel tighter around her body, she had completely forgot clothes in her haste to get away from him.

Why was she so worried? He was her husband! So what if she walked out there with a towel, she lived here to.

Still didnt help her feel any less nervous though.
She pulled open the door, sliding past it when she tripped in her haste.

Arnav wrapped an arm around her waist, the other held her hand tightly.

She really was beautiful, this was how he liked her the most. Just her natural beauty.

"Uh, im getting your blazer wet" she tried to pull away
"Dont worry about it" he wasn't ready to let go yet

Khushi swallowed thickly, this position was to compromising.
She halted as she felt him lower down slightly, his nose in her hair, he inhaled

"What, what are you doing" she closed her eyes tightly as his breath tickled her neck
"You smell really good Khushi" he replied, his voice thick

She gasped as she felt his lips on her neck, she threw her head back
"You're so beautiful" he whispered, his fingers gripping her hips tightly

She raised her hand, yanking at the back of his head
"What are you doing to me Khushi" he growled

He lifted her up, her legs wound around his hips, he stroked her cheek with the back of his hand

He went to kiss her lips, but she turned her face away
"You just ended our relationship, you cant just want me now"

He frowned, he knew she was right, she always was. But she was so addictive and his yearning for her was all consuming

"Not when you never wanted me before" she finished
Arnav looked on flabbergasted "I always wanted you"

"Then, why are you letting me go, what do you want from me, you wont touch me, then another man dances with me and suddenly I have your attention, you end our contract but then try and kiss me, what do you want me to do, beg for your attention, make you jealous, is that the only way to keep you around" her breathing was laboured as she spoke

"I just know you deserve better, but its hard for me to let you go" his eyes searched hers

"Have you ever considered the fact that its my choice what I do, who I stay with, you cant make that decision for me, but as you said, you wanted to end this, so go then, I am not stopping you, I will never beg for you to stay, no matter how much I want you to"

She was so unbelievably angry at him for making a decision for her that he had no right to, she loved him. A lot.
But that didnt mean she would try and make him stay if he didnt want to.

There was no way she would ever move on, but she wasnt the type to cry and guilt someone into staying.
But she wanted to, so very much.

He allowed her to stand up straight, tipping her chin up he sighed "All I ever do is stress you out and I hate myself for it, but maybe, maybe if you would allow me to, I may be the husband you deserve"

"You already are Arnav, I dont want anyone else, you are enough for me, as you are"
She leant up, kissing his cheek "I need to do my hair before it gets fuzzy"

She slid past him, toward their room when she heard him speak
"I like your hair more when you dont do anything to it"
She smiled, turning back around to face him and nodded

She still had so much to say, but she had to take it slowly, she didnt want to push him.

XXX

Arnav looked up at the sound of the doorbell, he looked over at Khushi reading and decided to answer it himself.

He stood up, walking towards the door and opened it.

Arnav froze, his heart racing, "Get away from me" he shouted, trying to slam the door when the man put his foot in the way

His hand slipping towards his belt "Now, we all know what happens when you make me angry" he sneered

I would really appreciate it if you guys let me know your thoughts on this story!
I know it wont be everyone's kind of stuff but your feedback always helps me, so please do comment.

Just a warning, the next chapter will include flashbacks which you dont have to read at all, I personally felt emotional just writing this part!

Also, follow writing_symphonies on instagram for spoilers on ongoing and upcoming stories