Chapter 14 - Rush hour

'Tell me why, please' Niall begged, lying on Harry's chest back at their own flat, still crying to Harry, over whelmed by everything that had happened.

Harry thumb stroked across Niall’s head, twisting some of his hair every now and then, Niall had missed it. 

It was nice to be in their bedroom again together, without Harry wandering off to find Emma; it felt like he actually cared. 

'I don't know... honestly. I know, I messed up, and you probably done want me back, but-'

'No'

Harry lifted his head from the pillow, 'No what?'

'Dont say that' Niall said quickly, ‘I still love you. But just because I love doesn’t mean I’ll forgive you straight away, Harry’

He closed his eyes a slipped into a real sleep, the best he’d had in ages, before Harry could say anymore about the matter.

-o-

‘How’s Niall?’

‘He’s fine Louis, you don’t have to call every three hours or whatever’ Harry joked down the phone, watching Niall carefully as he slept.

Louis didn’t laugh back, ‘Yeah well with you around, I feel the need to’

Beep.

He’d hung up on him.

Great, everyone hated me now. He thought.

He propped himself up on his elbow, lying on his side next to the dreaming boy. Harry’s fingers found their way into Niall’s hair and messed with it for a while, before getting up and wandering around the house.

He went into the bathroom, grimacing at the sight of the blood. He sighed and picking up a damp flannel from the sink edge, wiping down the blood, from the sink and the floor. He bent to the floor and tucked behind the sink bottom, was a neatly folded up piece of paper. He took it out, expecting to find a note from Niall, but it was the one he left the day he stayed out with Emma all day. He opened it out and there was tear, and some blood, stains on it. He threw it down it across the room and held his hands in his head.

What had he done?

‘Harry?’

Harry looked up, and out of the bathroom door. Niall was stumbling through the living room over to him, dragging his duvet cover behind him, clutching it close.

He stood in the doorway, wrapping the duvet around himself. Harry knew him, and if he hadn’t done what he had, Niall would have come and sat next to him and pulled the duvet over the two of them.

‘You know you’re an idiot?’ Harry let out, leaning his head against the sink base.

‘Thanks’ Niall said, nodding his head and turning away.

‘No! Niall…’ Harry pulled himself up, and grabbed Niall’s arm, pulling him around, ‘I mean,’ he begun softly, pulling nervously at the sleeves of his black jumper with the hand that wasn’t on Niall’s arm, ‘you’re an idiot, for taking me back’

Niall stared him at him, his mouth not moving, not even shoving Harry’s hand off him, he just stood there. They must have been stood for about three minutes when Niall’s hand slid up to Harry’s jaw line. He leant in towards Harry, who bent his head down like he always had to. Their lips were only centimetres about when Niall’s phone started buzzing over and over.

He sighed and picked it up; it was all twitter notifications, what was so important?

Opening up the twitter app, all the fans were tweeting him, telling him look at Emma’s twitter profile. He clicked on her name and began to read through all her tweets from the past few days.

Niall James Horan, I think the word ‘whore’ is the one to describe you.

Two minutes ago.

Ha! What a fucking whore. Thinks he’s gonna get him back? What an idiot.

Ten minutes ago.

@NiallOfficial Go fucking die in a hole, no one will miss you.

One hour ago.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way? Not everyone, what about that blonde brace face, Niall?

One hour ago.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I like this trend.

One hour ago.

@NiallOfficial you’re a fucking bastard! Harry hates you ;) He told me the other night.

Six hours ago

Harry Styles, you better do that again with me tomorrow night ;)

One day ago.

He could have gone farther,but he couldn’t take anymore. Hate was hate, but it was different coming from Emma, he didn’t know how, it just was. He threw his phone down on the floor and ran from the house crying. He knew people were looking at him, not that he cared.

‘Niall! Niall come back!’ Harry shouted, but it was only quiet, Niall had gone down three flights already.

There was a thudding from above him; Harry was coming after him by the sounds of it.

Niall made it out of the building and was now on the main road. The pavement was only thin, so the cars were speeding right past his face. People were pushing past him, people in posh suits holding brief cases, people on the phone, people holding tens of shopping bags, everyone was bustling around, it must have been rush hour.

He came to the conclusion it definitely was rush hour when he tried to hide lose himself in the crowd, only to be shoved into the walls of the buildings next to him by hurrying people. They didn’t even say sorry.

Niall pushed through the crowd, he could hear his name being shouted by an array of people, mostly fans, one of them might have Harry.

-o-

‘Niall! Niall!!’ Harry shouted at the top of his voice, bobbing up and down above of the crowd, trying to keep his gaze fixed on Niall.

He followed him for about three minutes, before he must have turned a corner somewhere and Harry lost him completely, where would go other than to the other boys?

-o-

He honestly didn’t know how, but he’d ran until he’d lost all the fans, not got caught by the pap’s crying and made it to his favourite spot without being spotted by Harry, or if any of the boys had been alerted, or the lads. He climbed up the steep hill, pulling off his shoes and socks as he went to let the grass between his toes.

Finally, he reached the top and he plonked down on the floor tiresomely, and leant back against the cherry blossom tree in the centre. He’d found this place when they first came to London as the band, and it’s usually where he’d come to write songs, play his guitar, think, or to just get away from all the fame.

It was nice here, always quiet, it seemed that hardly anyone knew about this place, to his knowledge, only he and Harry, who he’d shown not long ago, knew about it. He let his head fall back and he watched the branches sway in the slight breeze, a few blossom petals falling from it every now and then.

That’s when it happened, something caught his eye on the tree trunk, something carved into the wood. He got up on his knees and stared at it, making out the wobbly writing, he couldn’t believe it. It had only been written two days ago, according to the date underneath it. He started crying again, why did she have to mess everything up?

Carved into the tree was;

Harry

+

Emma

Surrounded by a big heart.

What happened to Harry loving Niall?