Chapter 2- Partners

Percy Jackson

"Okay Clint, why are you here?" I asked my new "partner" as we walked toward the gym.

"What?"

"Why did you leave Camp, New Rome, to work for SHIELD?" I asked.

He rolled up his sleeve. He had a lyre and 10 lines. "I joined when I was seven. I got ten years of service. I didn't want to retire. I wanted to help others."

"Why didn't you stay at camp then, you can stay past 10 years. Jason stayed for 14."

"It wasn't enough. It was like, I was training and training, but never using my training in the world. I never went on a quest. I fought in both wars, but I have never gone and done anything on my in to help others. So yeah that's why I'm here."

I nodded. I rolled my own sleeve up. I had a trident, with three lines. I laughed, "I was at camp for less than a week when I went on the quest with Frank and Hazel. I got back and got this tattoo. I was also given the title of Praetor. I did not want this, any of it. The role of leader was given to me, even when I did not ask for it. I do a mission here or there that puts me in the camp area. I visit, do a random job, I gain years."

I pulled my camp necklace out from under my shirt. I held it up. It had 6 beads on it. It also had three rings. Annabeth's father's ring, (it had been in her necklace) and two wedding bands. They were supposed to be mine and Annabeth's.

"Now this, this is what I am really proud of. 6 beads, 6 years. Every summer at camp half blood, we would get one. On it would be painted something important that happened that summer. I have 6, Annabeth had 11. It is a less painful was to keep track of years."

Clint smiled and rubbed his forearm. "Yeah, this is a little intense."

"I may have a big long title, and be known as a "hero" Clint, but to me, you have done more. An army is more than just a general. It has soldiers, medics, even that water boy makes a difference. I was forced from the bottom of the totem pole to the top, all because of who my father was. I would of liked to find my place in my own."

Clint looked at me and laughed, "Reyna said you were different, I just did not know what she meant"

I smirked, "She talks about me?"

"Oh yeah, all shit"

"She's just jealous"

"Totally"

We laughed for a minute.

"Let's spar Clint"

He nodded, and we started circling each other.

A few minutes later I won. "Good job man, you kept up a lot longer that most."

"Thanks."

"Oh, but the way I meant to ask earlier. What cohort?"

Clint smirked, "Fifth"

Time skip
Two years later
Percy is 21
Clint is 19

Me and Clint were sitting in my apartment in NY. It was one of out rare days off, so we were just relaxing, and watching Star Wars.

"Dude, what are you doing! Do not kiss your sister! That is wrong!" Clint screamed at the screen.

"Tell that to Zeus" I said with a smirk.

"You shut up." He yelled.

I threw some popcorn at him, "Shhhh, I'm trying to watch a movie." We both laughed.