Chapter 3- The Widow

Clint Barton

"Okay, so my partner may freak out when I tell him, so let me do the talking." I stood there talking to Natasha Romanoff. The woman I was supposed to bring in prisoner, I am now bringing in as a recruit.
I turned and started walking out if the building. I had no idea what I was gonna tell Perce. I knew she was telling the truth. Apollo is the god of truth, so as his son I can tell when people lie. She is not lying.

We got up to the plane, and I punched in the code to open it up.

"Clint, you better not of done what I thought you did!" Percy's menacing voice rang through my head.

"Well the thing is."

Percy Jackson

"Percy, I think I found us a new partner." Clint's words kept repeating in my mind.

I can see how this most likely played out. Clint walked in, sees a pretty woman. He thinks there is no way that she is a criminal. He asked her a few questions, she says what he wants to hear. Bing bang boom, he trusts her.

I heard the hatch door if the plane open. "Clint, you better not if fine what I thought you did!" I put my face in my hands, not even looking at him.

"So the thing is..."

I cut him off, "I don't want to hear it. Just get in her, and tell her to sit down, and not to break anything."

A minute later Clint walked into the cockpit. I closed the door behind him. "What were you thinking?"

"She us just a kid." He told me in defense

"Yeah, so are you. You and I were both younger than that when we started."

"Her parents left her. She was taken in by the Red Room. They took in girls under the aperance of a ballet school. They trained the girls, and put them against each other. They would kill each other. If anyone showed any signs of resistance, they would kill them."

"You have no proof."

"I trust her."

"What, did she give you a pretty smile? Did you ask her some questions. Did she tell you what you want to hear? She is well trained. You can not believe her."

"Yes I can."

"And why is that?"

"Because I have a power you don't know about. Apollo is the god of truth. I can tell when people lie. She wasn't."

I sighed, "Okay, so she wants out of the Red Room. Why should SHIELD take her?"

"She is one of us."

"What?" I was confused.

"She is a demigod. A daughter of Ares."

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yeah"

"One problem with that. Ares is the god of war. Spies and secret agents tend not to love war."

Clint smirked, "It takes more then just soldiers to win a war."

I sigh and rub my face, "You know, I really hate it when you use my own word against me."

"I'll stop if you stop being so wise."

"Shut it!"

We both laughed.

I shighed, "Okay, so you bring her into Fury. Tell him what you told me. I will voutch for you if needed."

Clint grinned, "Thanks man!"