chapter 12

Percy Jackson

     I walk into shield HQ in DC. I had flown down here as fast as possible, Nick said it was important. I flash my ID to the security guard, and head up to Fury's office. When I get in, I see him, facing the window with his back to me.
     "So, please do tell, director, what was so important that you couldn't tell me in the message, and I had to come all the way up here? I mean couldn't Hill just tell me in New York?" I ask the man, annoyed.
      "Agent Jackson, we have a mission for you, but there is something you must know first. As a level eight, you are entitled to this." Fury did not turn around to address him. When he finished speaking a door next to him opened. A man walked out.
       I picked up the name plate off of Fury's desk, and chucked it at the man who walked into the room. He dodged it easily, and smiled.
       "You miss me?" He asks, he has a stupid grin on his face, completely unaware of what I had been through.
       "You son of a- I thought you were dead! You don't know what your death did to me! Phill, I thought I lost the only father figure I had left." I wanted so badly to just slap my mentor straight in the face. I decided against it.
      Instead I punched a wall.
      Nick was not so happy bout that.
      I sat down in a chair heavily, putting my head in my hands. I tapped my foot, and muttered nonsense. I just could not process this all. It was sense overload. I was suddenly aware of my breathing, and the air coming on the vents on the other end if the room. I saw planes fly past the window, I heard children scream with joy. Right now their playful cries sounded like the blood thirsty cries of murder.
      My breathing got heavy, and my head began to swim. I couldn't think straight my head was pounding. I gasped as a felt a firm grip on my are. I tried to look up, but my vision was failing me.
      I felt alone, venerable. The grip on my arm tightened, I was suddenly aware of pressure on my knees. I heard a voice speaking in a calming manor, and I slowly relaxed.
     When I could see properly I saw I was on the floor, and Phil in front of me.
     "Percy I'm sorry, I should of know this would affect you." Phil says quietly.
      "Phil, I almost died! And I didn't even fight in the battle. I was almost killed by Clint. I went into a flashback while we were fighting, and he stabbed me with an imperial gold dagger in the gut. He was about to go in for the kill, but Natasha stopped him.
      "I wake up, and am told that you had died. At that point I wanted to get up and personally drag  Loki to Hades. But I was on house arrest, I had a critical wound. So I had to stay in bed, while my best friend and wife left to get Loki.
      "I was left alone, and all I could think of how I didn't got to say goodbye. You were the best father figure I have ever had. I kept thinking, I could if been faster. I could of stopped all of this. Banner could of kept his cool, you wouldn't of had to die, Loki would excape.
       "But here we are, none of that happened. I couldn't save the day, I failed my friends, again. But you are still alive. Why did you wait so long to tell me. I had been beating myself up over this since the battle. You don't understand how hard this has been." I say this quickly and don't meet his eyes, till now. I look up at his big brown eyes (idk is that's right just give with it) I see a look of grief, and something else. Something much brighter.
      "Percy I technically dies for about 10 seconds. And when I was brought back, I was still severely wounded. I wanted to let you know I was okay, but I didn't get the chance. Not till now. And I'm sorry for that.
      "But right now we need you for a mission. You can not tell agents Barton or Romanoff. We are trying to keep this all in the down low. Besides they are not hight enough level to find out." He stands up, and offers me his hand.
       "You are telling me that I can't till my wife and beat friend that you are alive? You walked Natasha down the isle! You are more of a fatyer figure to the there of us, than anyone else in our lives. (A/N Posidion not the best dad, Paul was only there for like three years, Gabe was Gabe, and Chiron was only there for four years) How do you expect me to keep this a secret?" I practically scream.
      Nick steps in for the first time, "I expect that you will find a way. If you can't keep this from two lower level agents, then I feel your training has been wasted."
       "Any other agents I could keep this from! But not these two, Natasha is my wife, she will find out. And Clint has Apollo powers, he is a human lie detector."
       "Then don't lie." Phil says, "Don't say anything about this conversation. Say you had a basic retrieval, get in get out. That is your mission, the only difference is I'm coming with you. You can say that you were accompanied by an agent there who was studying your technique. All of that is true."
     I think about it, and after a moment agree. "Fine, but if Natasha findes out, you two are both dead"