TBIWNG | Chapter Two

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it."

- Nicholas Sparks.

Anika knew that it was a sudden announcement and she knew, really well, that the audience were to get lunatic when she told them that she lost her heart to no ordinary man, but Shivaay Singh Oberoi

Nicholas' words were an icing on the top, and marked the beginning of the second session of her story. As Anika spoke his quote, the audience expressed their felicity with claps.

"Is your story true?" one of the women sitting in the front row, asks.

"Shh! You don't ask questions," she signals her. "Not yet."

"Please go on," one teenager says. "I'm excited to know more!"

There was a long silence as Anika mustered up enough courage to not get heartbroken once more. The wounds inflicted on her, by love, had not yet healed and she knew if she talked about them, she was bound to feel the pain. All over again.

"Is he really your father?" Anika asked, shocked, and froze in her tracks.

"He is like a father to me," she replied shortly. "I am Priyanka Singh Oberoi, but he is not my biological dad."

"Adopted?" she asked.

"No, he's my uncle!" She replied, sorrow lacing the tone she spoke with.

"After the demise of my father, Mahi Singh Oberoi, he looks after me."

"Oh," Anika exclaimed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Priyanka wiped the tears which had formed in her eyes. "Come I'll give you a tour around the house."

As she showed her around the mansion, Anika was struck with awe. Never in a million years had she thought that her life was about to change, for the good. Still, there was something else running in her mind and she decided to just ask it.

"How old is he?"

"About thirty-three," she recalled, and counted. "My father was his twin."

"What!?" Anika jumped a mile away from her and shrieked. "Hell, how is it possible that he's thirty-three and looks just twenty?" Anika asked with amazement and then tried to change the direction this conversation was going. "Is it with all the boys, or just your father?"

"Most of the boys you can say," she pouted. "As far as my uncle aka father is concerned, of course, he's topping the list of India's most desirable men. He's bound to be the best."