TBIWNG | Chapter Four

“Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.”

- Bella Thorne.

"Each day, each second at the Oberoi Mansion conspired to make me fall for SSO even more," Anika draws in a shaky breath

"SSO?" a little girl sitting beside her mother, questions innocently.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi," mere the mention of him, brought back the blush on her cheeks. "This reminds me of the time I first called him with a nickname."

"Was it something romantic?" a woman asks.

"I fear not," she replies and closes her eyes to mask away her sadness with a smile she had learnt how to fake.

"The day could have been a day of bliss," Anika finally sits in a chair placed a few steps away from her, "if it wasn't for the heinous accusation hurled at me."

Deep in his slumber, Shivaay Singh Oberoi found his hands resting on something smooth, as if on the finest of silks. His fingers ran over the surface automatically and a smile crept on his lips. That was until he opened his eyes - gradually - and found that he had been caressing Anika's waist.

He jumped away from her, and rubbed his eyes, hoping that it is just a piece of his imagination. Much to his shock, he had - indeed - slept the night beside her.

When his eyes wandered here and there, they landed over her skin. He couldn't help but notice a few bruises carved on her waist. They looked old yet there was no sign of healing. His curiosity was aroused and he inched closer to the girl who was always happy in front of the world. Absentmindedly, Shivaay ran his fingers over her wounds, careful enough not to bring back pain to the soul which was already hurting.

No matter how gentle his touch was, Anika's sleep was now broken and she woke up with a moan. When she realized that Shivaay was touching her in the places she had always wanted, a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes. "What were you doing?"

"I was just checking you-"

"You were checking me out?" Anika pretended as if she was shocked, and displeased. "And what were your fingers doing? Checking my waist so you can stitch me a dress?"

Shivaay was clearly embarrassed, so he rubbed his temples to hide his face away. Anika, seeing how nervous he had gotten, decided not to play with him this specific way. "Kidding!"

"That is better," he sighed. "Well.. what are these scars and bruises for?"

Anika appeared to freeze in the spot. She didn't even realize that her hand was clenched into a fist now, and she wore drops of sweat on her forehead.