TBIWNG | Finale

One Month Later

Shivaay sits over the couch in his dimly-lit room, holding a glass of whiskey in his hands and drinking from it. His eyes appear red and puffy, but all that runs in his mind is Anika's laughter. Her giggles echoing in his ears, her eyes coming across his eyes, and her scent running in his breath.

“Where are you, Anika?”

• • •

Anika sits in the coffee shop, Beans — where it all started on a ‘smiling’ note. She stares at Shivaay's picture on her phone, and kisses on it. This time, not feeling sorrow while doing so.

This time, she has accepted that he is ‘The Boy She Will Never Get’ and smiles as she remembers the love he had given her in a span of few months. As she sips on her coffee, a tiny squeal attracts her attention.

A small boy, of an year and a half, sits on the baby chair placed next to Anika's. His hazel eyes appear a bit angry, and he has his small arms crossed over his chest. “Ma-ma.”

Anika smiles at his anger which is reminiscent of Shivaay Singh Oberoi and a giggle leaves her lips. “Ansh!”

She takes him out of the chair and makes him sit over her lap. “Are you hungry, baby?”

The boy nods, and snuggles closer to her chest. Anika's cheeks go pink and she, slowly, pulls him away. “No, no, not this. Want some cake?”

Ansh beams, despite the fact that it goes right over his head, and brings his teeth in full display. Right, he resembles Anika too, but he reminds her of Shivaay, mostly — every second of her life.

She has nothing to lose now, and she is happier than she could ever be. This time, no more sadness, no more visiting the past. Her life is changed now, for the good — for good.

• • •

Shivaay's chain of thoughts about Anika come to a halt as a memory of the past appears out of nowhere.

One month ago, after Anika's speech ended and the applaud filled the venue, Tanya ran outside with tears streaming down her cheeks. She rushed towards the car, and drove it, not knowing where to. Shivaay watched her drive away, and felt hurt.

He had destroyed two lives.

• • •

Omkara and Rudra barge inside his room and find him, curled up, on the bed. Tears sit all over his face, and he sulks through the darkness. They share a look, and rush toward him.

Rudra opens the curtains, and the sunlight falls over Shivaay's face. He gets up, and moves to and fro in his position. “I destroyed two lives, OmRu. I destroyed two lives.”

Omkara places his hand over his back. “It is none of your fault, Shivaay. Cheer up!”

“Cheer up? What an idea, why didn't I think of it,” Shivaay rolls his eyes, still crying. “I could have stopped Tanya from going away, and all this wouldn't have happened, no?”

“She did it for you, bhaiyya,” Rudra speaks from the corner, leaning against the wall. “She wanted you to go chase your love.”

“How do you know?”

“Here,” he hands over a letter to Shivaay, and he snatches it away. “One of the guards found it on your seat, and they sent it here.”

And as he reads what Tanya had written on the letter, a small smile weaves on his lips and he sighs in relief.