TBIWNG | Chapter Six

“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”

- Mark Twain.

Anika kneels down on the stage and screams, her tears stream down her cheeks as she buries her face in Rudra's arms

Anika kneels down on the stage and screams, her tears stream down her cheeks as she buries her face in Rudra's arms. “It is okay,” he senses her state and consoles her.

The man with mysterious eyes looks on at her, his legs begging him to run and circle his arms around her.

A woman - sitting next to him - wraps her palm over his wrist and stops him. He looks over at his wife, and she shoots him a glare. “Don't you dare.”

He looks over at Anika, and then his wife, and repeats it again and again, until his eyes are able to display the storm in his heart really well.

Moments later, many hugs later and lots of consolation later, Anika stands back on her feet once more and shows that she's not afraid to speak,

“No matter how hard life has pushed me, no matter how many storms I have walked through, I know I will not stop my story,” she wipes her tears with her arms, “not yet.”

Anika senses commendation stirring in the eyes of the audience, and it appears that all of her pain is taken away from her heart.

“He was a gentleman,” she smiles broadly until it gradually starts vanishing from her lips, “but I forgot that all the golden hearts are born with sheer heartache.”

Anika wandered here and there in one of the many hallways inside the fancy Oberoi Mansion, swinging her arms and humming the tune of her favorite song when her eyes fell on Tanya's room's already opened door.

“Aunty?”

Anika teasingly called her out, only to get no response from Tanya. A frown conquered her face when she notices a sheet of paper, neatly tucked under the laptop placed over the desktop.

A letter, written for Shivaay - by his wife Tanya - was what it was.

By the time you will get this piece of nonsense,

I will be long gone,

from your room,
from your house,
and from your life.

Priorities change after marriage was just a telling to my inexperienced heart, but now, it's a truth.

A horrible one, I may add.

You have fallen for her, Anika, you did.

No woman can endure another woman whom her husband loves, and I am sailing on that same boat, Shivaay.

My love for you was limitless, but I think that you didn't feel the same way, and no, I do not blame you considering the situation we got married in.