TBIWNG | Chapter Seven

“If you love to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.”

- Joan Powers.

Anika was waiting for Shivaay to come out of his cabin

Anika was waiting for Shivaay to come out of his cabin. She tapped her feet on the floor and constantly checked the time on her wristwatch.

Her mind, on the other hand, was occupied by another matter. The terrible one. Anika opened her purse and took out the letter she had slipped in her purse. "I am sorry, Tanya."

She heard footsteps approaching her, and she quickly slid it back in the purse. "What happened, Anika?"

A curious Shivaay enquired, his hands fighting a battle if he should touch her to console her or not.

"The tornado has passed, and you did not even feel it, Shivaay," she said.

He scrunched his nose and demanded an answer with the movement of his eyes, but Anika - feeling that the time is not right - stood up and rushed outside the company, only to leave her purse behind on the metal chairs.

Shivaay's eyes fell over her purse. The corner of an envelope begging to be taken out, aroused his curiosity, and he did just that.

His heart had already sensed the storm and it throbbed at an alarming rate, his fingers quivered, his legs trembled and his eyes scanned the letter, not believing even a word.

"No," he said in disbelief. "No, no.. NO! How is this possible?"

It was then that he realized what he had done. For Anika, he forgot his own wife, Tanya. She was the woman who had stayed with him through thick and thin, who loved him, cherished him and gave him a little angel in the form of Shivanya.

And he had ruined it all.

“If he was water, I were oil. If I were sand, he was salt," she finally asserts the truth. "No matter how hard we tried or what we did, we could never be together, we could never dissolve.”

Someone in the audience raises his hand to ask, or speak, but without even looking at him, Anika signals him to stop. “You don't ask questions today,” she says, “you just listen.”

“Read me, in your words,
mine fail to describe what I feel for you.”

- Anjum Choudhary.

It was around one in the night when Anika heard something crack and shatter in the pool area. Though she wanted to ignore it and sleep, she got up and walked towards that area.