5.4

one month later

a couple of days ago, i met with my new agent. i've been learning a lot about modeling. i have my first shoot today, and it's for victoria's secret.

my agent said the pictures would be in magazines all over the world, so i was happy knowing daniel would be able to see them.

i got dressed in my normal attire and went downstairs to the parking garage to get my car. once i got in, i started jamming out to why don't we.

i arrived at the shoot about twenty minutes later.

"hey elaina!" my agent, sam, said cheerfully when i stepped out of the car.

sam is only a year and a half older then me, and she is practically one of my new best friends. she gets me as a person, not as her client, but she keeps me in tact and when we're working she keeps things professional.

"hey sam!" i said, hugging her.

"are you excited for the shoot?" she asked.

"of course! this has been my dream for five years." 

"well c'mom. the photographer is waiting." she told me.

i followed her inside the building and she took me into a dressing room with many pairs of lingerie handing up on a rack.

"for the first shoot, your going to be wearing this," she said, handing me a pair of black, lacy lingerie.

"okay, thanks."

"there's a robe over there," she pointed to a silk robe in the corner, "when you're done changing, put that on, then go down the hall to the left and that's where the photo shoot it."

i nodded, and she left.

i stripped all of my clothes off then put on the lingerie. i went to the corner and slipped on the silk robe and headed down the hall to the left, to find about five other models there in beautiful lingerie.

"hey elaina! go ahead and take your robe off. it's your turn to get the photos taken." sam said.

i did as i was told and slipped off my robe and went onto the background.

"okay, pose for me." the photographer told me.

i did a few poses then the photographer said that i was finished. 

i slipped my robe back on, and sam said i could go back into the dressing room and out on the red pair.

after changing into a different pair of lingerie, i went through the same process of posing in front of the camera.

i did the same thing with four more pairs of lingerie, then i was told i could go home. at that point, it was 11:30.

i thanked sam and the photographer, and drove thirty minutes back to my apartment.

once i got there, i decided to text daniel and tell him about my shoot, since it was probably about 3:00 in los angeles.

--

me👻: hey dani, i had my very first photo shoot today!

seen at 12:08 am

me👻: i'm sorry if you're busy, just text me when you have the chance. love you 💞

seen at 12:14 am

me👻: okay, this is weird of you. you keep leaving me on read. you always text me back and tell me you're busy or something.

seen at 12:27 am

me👻: are you okay, daniel?

seen at 12:36 am

me👻: did i do something wrong?

seen at 12:40 am

me👻: i have to go to sleep, dani. call me when you can.

seen at 12:44 am

--

i sighed and shut off my phone.

this is very unlike daniel. he always texts me back if he's busy or something.

i don't think i did anything wrong, if i did i don't know what i did.

i think i'm going to call zach and see what's up and if there is something wrong.

"hello?" 

i could hear loud music in the background.

"hey zach! where are you? i can hear music."

"logan dragged us to some party." i could hear him sigh.

"where's daniel? i texted him but he keeps leaving me on read." i told him.

"i don't know. last time i saw him he was dead-ass drunk dancing with some gi-" he stopped himself.

"dancing with some what?" i asked him.

"nothing, nothing. he wasn't dancing with anyone."

"zach, i know you're lying, but i'm not going to pry. and you said daniel was drunk? i've never seen him pick up a drink before."

"yeah, well since i'm only sixteen and don't plan on picking up a drink until i'm twenty-one, but they're all over eighteen, the other boys decided it would be a good idea to drink with logan." i could tell he left and went into another room because it was quieter, "OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL?" he yelled, sounding surprised.

"what happened zach?" i asked him, concerned.

"nothing, elaina." he said, making it sound like he was trying to point out that he was talking to me, "i just walked in on something i shouldn't have." it made it sound like there was acid in his voice.

"are you sure everything is okay?"

"yeah, everything is fine." i could tell he was lying.

"so have you found daniel yet?"

"i just ran into him." his voice was angry.

"well, is he okay?" i asked.

"not really." he mumbled. 

"i have a question." i told him.

"shoot."

"well, i know it's only been a month, but i really miss you guys and i don't have anything planned for another week, so i was wondering if i could come visit."

"YES! PLEASE DO." he yelled.

i laughed and said, "i'll get the soonest ticket."

"okay, i'll see you soon. i kind of have to go find four drunk boys."

i chuckled, "okay, bye zach." 

"bye elaina."

i ended the call and smiled at the photo next to my bed: the picture that daniel got me for christmas.

i went into the small office in the apartment and got a ticket for los angeles at five am this morning.

i can't wait to see them.

♡