|I Was There|

And now you got me sitting there, replaying every memory inside my head.

|I Was There|

Sapphire

        There was something Disney called, “happily ever after”, that I thought lived between him and I.

            But this “happily ever after” didn't existed.

            It never did, because death came across.

~

            I remembered everything of that day. I remembered when he saw me across the street, waiting for him on the bench. I had one hand waving at him, the other holding my cellphone. I can still recall how he grinned to me and as I did the same, he waited on the opposite side of the street, waiting the few cars to pass and then cross the road.

            I remembered how he thought there were no cars anymore, and as he walked on the street, his eyes locked on mine, a bright smile on his face.

            A car zoomed over.

            In one sharp second, I didn't saw anything, only a huge bright light, but I heard the sounds. The hard sound of the collision between a car and a human, the bones cracking and, to top it all, the sound of a sloppy body falling back on the ground.

            I heard them all, but my eyes were refusing to see. I already knew what was happening, so I shook my head so hard, I thought it would fall off from my neck. I still rocked it left to right, because I didn't want to see. Tears were welling up my eyes even before the pain was passed to my brain.

            My hands were white, because I was holding to hard to the bench. I continued shaking my head, I didn't want to believe, it was to heavy to bear... I felt like dying.

            I finally screamed. I screamed as hard as I can, then I ran to him, tripping over my heels and scrapping my knees; I didn't cared.

            I landed bare-footed beside him. When I reached his arm and squeezed it, while I was still yelling like crazy and tears were pouring continuously from my eyes, my brain finally registered what happened.

            I saw him die in front of me.

~

            He was me and I was him, we were like the Ying and the Yang, like the stars and the moon, we were two pieces of puzzle – we were meant to be.

            There wasn't another one for me or another one for him, and we promised each other so many things – we promised our life to each other.

           Then, the minute I saw the light disappear completely from his eyes, I knew – he was gone. He was dead. Something ran through me at this thought, it was more than losing someone; the feeling was too painful to be described. It hurt so much I actually physically felt the pain.

            I will never forget how he was bloody from head to toe, the way I held him close was making my outfit dirty with blood.

            “I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.” I whispered desperately, almost begging as a crowd was around us, there was babbling, noises, beeping everywhere, but I only thought of him.

            He couldn't hear me say it anymore; I could never hear him say it anymore. I was more than crushed, I felt as if I died at the same time as he did. He was being pulled away from me by some paramedics and I screamed again, saying words indistinctly, as I saw him riding on the ambulance. The farther he went, the more my world went blurry.

            “Alex...!” I cried, my voice hoarse, nobody hearing my plea, as my hand reach to touch his one last time. “ALEXY!”

            Don't take him away once more, I thought at this time. And I could have laughed at myself to have thought this; he was already gone.

            Forever.

--------------------------------------

        Dedicated to @brokenpencil21 because her attempt to make the cover is amazing, and had the 3rd place in all the covers :3 (Picture on side!~)

        Don't forget to vote [if you liked this chapter], comment [if you have to let your emotions go!] and/or follow if you didn't already!

        Have a wonderful day/night, lovelies<3