|Doodling The Start|

❝ Everyday is a new beggining. Take a deep breath, and start again.❞

|Doodling The Start|

Sapphire

            I really disliked working at the Ferris Wheel.

            Every day, the same routine, same people, same steps, and I was getting tired of it. But sure thing, I don't think I'll ever change job – except if Mr. Harvey decides to leave this world. From all the jobs I’ve did before Alex's death and now, this was the best paid one, and, not to mention, the best boss.

            Mr. Harvey didn't treat me specially, he treated everyone kindly and he could be funny from time to times. On rare days, he even came to visit us with some treat, like coffee or tea.

            Though, he did made a favor to me. Because I lived away from my parents and they were always busy with their works and fights, I wanted to have more privacy. At the interview, I'd asked my superior if my information could only remain between him and me. Hopefully, he promised that it will.

            I sighed silently and returned to the presence in the half-circle, made for interaction between clients and workers.

            “Hi, how are you?” My voice sounded so robotic, it was sickening.

            “I want two tickets.” The client was blowing his cigarette in my face, and I scrunched my nose when the nicotine odor entered my nostrils.

            Great. This time was snobby person. I wish there would be more kind people coming to the Ferris Wheel. So far, clients mostly are; snobby, depressed, lovey-dovey couple/eating a face.

            I frowned at her, then plastered a dry smile before replying, “Okay, mister, this will be... 40 pounds. And please, no smoking in the ride.”

            I ran my fingers on the cash machine and moved with the wheels of my chair to the ticket machine. It slid two tickets and I handed them to the snobby person, which took then and sneered hatefully at me.

            I tiredly rolled my eyes, and sighed with relief as I saw he was the last one boarding on the London Eye.

        “You know, no need to be so rude to people.” A deep voice with a tingle of woman feel yelled; also known as Leah.

            She was my partner, had a boyish style, and to be honest, I was never sure of her sexual orientation, which in a way, scared me. She brushed her white golden hair, cut short, and made a thumbs up to me, signaling me to start the ride.

            I clicked a few buttons and watched Leah sigh, probably because she went to hit a club last night too.

        “Hey, Lopez, I’m taking my break.” Leah yelled again, making a few steps towards me.

        I nodded and she left her spot, and soon, a guy named Ashton replaced her.

         I followed with my eyes a random cabin make a turn, and really, it was getting tiresome. I could never get Alexy out of my head, even if I keep myself the busiest possible. I didn't even know such boredom could exist, I was so bored all I could do was think of Alex.

            I started to clean up the table by picking one pen by one pen, letting time make its trip. After finishing to classify the crayons from big to small, I arranged them in categories, almost dozing off.

            I yawned a little, while I threw a Sharpie pen in the air, catching it and breaking the cap open. Pouting, I rubbed my eyes a little, and think about what Alexy will do if he was me. He loved to doddle on walls and doors, just for fun, I remembered. When he was bored, he confessed that he would take a walk, search for streetlights and scribble meaningless messages on it.

            I guess I'll do the same then, I made up my mind.

            I got up from the uncomfortable chair made out of steel, and tried to find a place which will be perfect for vandalizing. I didn't want Mr. Harvey to see it, he might lose his trust to me.

            Not finding good corners in the small cabin, I quietly opened the door and sneaked out, making my partner raise his eyebrow. Thankfully, Ashton quickly went back to the book he was reading, placing back his glasses.

            I jogged to the nearest poll, trying to seem invisible.

            On it, I put the Sharpie at my eye level and I scrawled; Hi.

            No emoticons, just a plain dot. Plain like my life.

            But then, I suddenly thought; but I don't want it to be plain anymore.

---------------------

        I'm sorry. I really am. Seriously, I should win a prize for the latest updates ><

        I'm truly sorry, my USB key took its flee, and all my writings were in it, then I found it back, I gave it to my school for a project and... Darn, it's complicated.

        You guys just need to know that I feel really guilty right now... but I still hope you enjoyed the (short) chapter! Please don't forget to vote and/or comment! c:

        Dedicated to IrisKnights because she's finally back! :)

        I wish all of you a wonderful day! x