|Standing On Sidelines|

❝Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.

|Standing On Sidelines|

Ace

            I'm an unlucky guy. Others will deny this, or more qualify me of jealous. Thus, I am; I've never liked what I possessed, I've always wanted his, hers.

~

            My eyes widened at the sight of the loose paper nicely fold up, resting on my table. Rapidly getting up from bed, I felt my head turn and my throat sore, surely because of the beers last night. I was celebrating my seventeenth birthday with Sam, and he gave me an album from The Beatles, since he knew I adored their songs. I couldn't remember anything else, but I knew a few moments after, I was drunk.

            I opened the paper, and immediately recognized Samuel's handwriting; the 'l's and the 't's tall and slimy, while the 'a's was scrunched up and the 'e's fat up.

            I read the first words, and I felt a sudden anger mixed to fear. It can't be, it can't be! I screamed in my head, beads of sweats already trickling from my forehead.

            Barely noticing the fact I was still in my old jeans from yesterday and my white T-shirt, I snatched my leather jacket and ran downstairs.

            As I passed beside my mom and dad, sipping a coffee together at the table with the TV open, I saw the main title on it and it put an ending to my race.

            Young Boy Committing Suicide.

            Beside, severely framed, it was a picture of Sam, smiling. On the screen was him, laid down on the train's rails in an impossible angle. Ironic, I spat. My eyes watched every detail of the screen, the way his eyes were looking up, the huge crowd surrounding the train station, people from the hospital barging in. I was truly frustrated, because I couldn't help. I never did.

            I took the vase on the coffee table and threw it on the floor, its crash sounding like a melody to my ears. I flipped the table and punched, again and again, in the cushion of our sofa. He made an effort to celebrate my birthday before. I took a picture frame a propelled it on the wall.

            “Ace! STOP!” yelled my mother, and my dad came behind my and pulled my arms.

            “Ace Nielsen, it's enough, son!” he grumbled in my ear.

            I kept screaming with my hoarse voice, one thought running in my brain.

            He was dead. He left me, like the others did. Sam abandoned.

            That's when I started being jealous of other people's possessions. Because I had nothing.

~

            My sneakers slammed the asphalt as I ran, songs streaming from my earphones. At a time of everyday, I needed to run; it released the anger in me.

            I put a halt to my running and took my iPod out of its case, revealing the paper Samuel gave me. I've been stocking it between my case and my iPod, so that I could read it when I desired to, like now.

Yo, Ace, it read. By the time you'll read this, I'll be away, flying to the sky, man! Don't act girly, 'cause, you know, you were awesome – and you still are.

You were the best buddy ever, Ace Nielsen.

Sam.

            It was short, but it was enough to resume all our years sticking to each other and laughing at ourselves, being fools. I folded it back and put it back in my case, returning it in my back pocket, and lifted my head.

            For me, time stopped when I saw this girl.

            She had light brown hair, her turquoises eyes were glowing. What captivated me from her wasn't her simple clothes, neither was her nicely braided hair, but it was her smile. She showed her teeth while throwing her head backwards, laughing.

            Her smile was... special. It had been a long time since I saw such an amazing smile, I told myself.

            It had so much unknown power shimmering through it, it gave me the feeling of wanting to smile a little bit. It has been a year since Sam's death, and that I haven't really smiled.

            But then, I turned my head and figured out why her smile was that astonishing; it was because of the guy beside her, with the shining green eyes and a darker brown hair.

            She held his arm and slid her head on his shoulder, some pink painting her cheeks and her smile widening, if it could more than it was already. She said something that made the guy laugh, and immediately, a pinch grabbed my heart.

            It hurt, to see a girl that actually got my attention being already to someone else. There was something, making me so jealous.

            Finally, I laid my finger on the 'why'; it was because they had something – they had everything. The had a mutual love, and to even the blinds, they could sense that they were beyond happy, that they didn't need anything else than each other.

            And here I am, only standing on the sidelines, watching this girl with her unique smile, having nothing.

-------------------------------------

        Dedicated to @JustACrazyChristiee because I promised~ :D

        Please, please, vote or/and comment! I really means alot c: Well of course, only if you liked it~

        Don't forget to fan if you didn't already! Love you all<3