A friendship like ours

【YOUR POV 】

   I had always been the last one out. Whenever the captains had to choose a member, I was always the last one; holding my breath and looking down, thinking "how embarrassing", and with a murmured voice, one of the captains regretfully choose me, as they don't have a choice. Whenever there was a trend going on between the girls in my class, such as a specific keychain, I would work hard to buy it, and eventually when I did, another trend came along, leaving me as the last one, as if fate is silently laughing, "did you ever think you would be first?"

It had been the same with love.

Throughout all 3 years of middle school, me and my best friend managed to be the only girls throughout the whole school that weren't boy-crazy zombies. Making chocolate on valentine's day, crying painfully, laughing carelessly, and doing indecent stuff never really interested us, yet we would emerge ourselves in romance comics, laughing together, and dipping our toes in the refreshing water during summer break. All we needed was each other, and our friendship.

Everything changed in our 1st year of high school. My best friend got herself a boyfriend, and her personality changed; all she talked about was him, and I desperately tried to find interest; nodding my head and laughing, and staying up till dawn reading the love experiences of other girl's on the web, so that I could relate to her and give her advice.

Eventually she got bored of me, I suppose. I was shocked, coming back from our 2 day break, seeing her desk far away from mine, speaking heart fully with 2 new faces, ignoring my very presence.. 

I had initially thought that she had found new friends, I was glad for her, she, at the time, was my other half, and I wanted only the best for my beloved friend.

In excitement, I made my way to her desk, and lightly tapped her shoulder. "Subin!" I smiled at her, waiting to tell her of the new book our favorite author had updated, and that I had bought her a copy. Very soon enough, my smile slowly disappeared, and my delighted eyes were replaced by a shocked, and scared, look, as I had seen Subin's face. The face of my once smiling and silly friend, had gone, and a vile, and disgusted look made its way into my  warmhearted friend's face.

"what the hell do you want". I looked around myself, examining my surroundings, wondering where the rude and harsh statement had come from. Because I refused, no, I was scared to believe that these words came from Subin's mouth. The two girls who had their desks positioned around her's looked at me pitifully, "do you know her?" but Subin was quick to reply, "seriously? why would I know someone like her?" as she sent me one last glare, warning me to leave her alone, and possibly never talk to her again.

 I stumbled back to my seat, fear and sadness dominating my mind and emotions. I weakly sat down and put my tear-stricken face into my hands, desperately trying to think of what I've done wrong... but nothing came into thought, not a single thing. As right before summer vacation, we were on good terms, Subin had promised me to get me books from her visit to France, but after seeing each other on the first day of school after a long time, she had changed, she had disappeared. 

and that, is when my world came crashing down.