Chapter 7

We finished eating and everyone was talking and laughing at me and Louis pretending to be walruses with the straws stuck onto our top ‘fang’ teeth.

“OMG Harry!” I heard from across the restaurant. I looked up to see a girl who could have easily been a model. She was really tall and had olive skin like mine. She had bleached blond hair which was curl perfectly. It fell down to her hips. She was wearing gold booty shorts and a cropped tank top.

“Hey Gen.” Harry said. He pushed Liam out of the booth so he could get out. Harry hugged Gen and kissed her on the cheek. He continued to hold her as they kept talking. I couldn't help but wish that was me with his hands around my waist. 

I could literally feel a whole growing in my chest. I turned to Holly and whispered,

“I told you he didn’t like me. He was just being nice.” I felt an arm over my shoulder and turned to see Liam giving me a reassuring squeeze. I leaned my head on his shoulder and squeezed my eyes shut to stop any tears. I looked up to see Harry still in deep conversation with Gen. Louis gave me sympathetic look. I leaned over to whisper to Holly and Jewel,

“Is it really that obvious that I like him.” Niall leaned over so he was included in our little conversation,

“Apparently to everyone but him.” I leaned back into Liam’s arm and sighed. I find a nice, cute guy and he has to have a girlfriend. That makes perfect sense considering my unlucky streak.

“Hey Liam,” I said to him. He turned and looked at me.

“Want to go play on the play equipment?” he excitedly nodded and we snuck out past Harry and Gen. Once we were away from the table I looked at Liam,

“Race ya.” He smiled,

“1... 2... 3... Go.” I laughed as we ran though Maccas and outside to the play area. We both ran through the play equipment until we reached the top of the slide. We went down as singles and then we decided it would be easier to climb back up the slide instead of through the maze of play equipment.

“Want to go down together,” Liam said in between laughs.

“You couldn’t have helped me. I reached the top three times and kept falling.” I asked him as I tried to regain my breath.

“Nahh. It was much funnier watching you fall,” he was breathing just as heavily as I was because of all the laughing he had been doing at my expense.

“Come let’s go down as a pair,” he begged giving me the puppy dog eyes. I was still mad at him but his eyes were too cute,

“Fine,” I sighed.

“But how are we going to do this?” I asked.

Liam sat at the top of the slide. I carefully climbed around him and sat on his lap. His arms locked around my waist as I pushed off the side of the slide with my arms.

“Wooooooooooo,” we both screamed as we went down. We fell out the bottom with Liam landing on top of me. He rolled off me and laid down beside me. We were both in fits of laughter. I finally rubbed the happy tears away from my eyes to see that we were not alone. The rest of the group were standing around us with disappointed looks on their faces. That is except for Louis who had his hand up offering a hi-five. I gave him it and then looked back to Liam. He started imitating the others faces and it sent me into a fit of laughter again until I was rolling around on the floor. I finally sat up.

Harry had joined the group again without Gen. He offered me his hand but I stood up by myself and helped Liam up. I decided I wasn’t going to be talking to him for the rest of the time we were here. He played me. I actually started to think he had feelings for me today. I went over and stood next to Holly dragging Liam with me. Not realising I was still holding his hand.