Chapter 8

So the ride to London is mostly uneventful thus far. I focus purposefully on driving, still trying to overcome my previous unexpected thoughts of Kimberley.

"Nic's going to be so excited." I hear her say breaking my concentration.

"Huh? What?"

"It'll be great spending time with her on her nights off. I'll give you directions to her place as we get closer."

"What about me?" I meant to say to my self but Kimberley's attention is drawn to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"Cheryl?"

"Nothing, forget it Kimba." I try to say it nonchalantly but even to my ears I sound pathetic.

"If that's how its going to be, you can turn this car right around and take me home." She doesn't say it angrily but I think she knew it was the trick to get me to spill. "Cheryl?" she pouts as I chance a glance at her.

"Its just I thought....I was hoping...maybe possibly...you'd be staying with me." I don't dare look at her again as I'm reduced to a bashful mumbling mess.

"Cheryl." she places her hand over mine on the gearshift as if to comfort me when she delivers the blow. "It's one thing for me to come down here in the first place for what exactly I'm still not sure. It's another for me to stay with someone who is practically a stranger. I know you're the famous Cheryl Cole but beyond that, who are you?"

"But Kimba..."

"Whats my middle name? How old am I?" and like that I go quiet as I understand her point. "You know even less about me than I do about you."

Just because I get where she's coming from doesn't mean I'm giving up. I pull into a lay-by, I'm determined not to start driving again until she sees my point. I got her to London, shouldn't be to hard to get her to stay with me.

"Thats not true, Kimba." I turn in my seat to face her. "I may not know all the details but I know other things, the things that are important to me. I know you're beautiful..." I momentarily get lost in her eyes "..inside and out." I add. "You're the most gentle, kindest, caring and down right honest person I know."

She offers a small smile before her expression falters, "Cheryl, that's sweet but..."

"Forget it, Kimberley." I say starting the car, who is she to deny me once again.

There is no further conversation other than the occasional muttering of directions to Nicola's house.

"Would you like to come in ?" She asks as she grabs her bags from the boot.

I know I'm lonely but my pride won't let me say yes. "No, Kimba I'm kinda tired. Just want to spend some time in my own bed."

"Oh, ok." Her expression is a bit of hurt mixed with confusion as she turns to walk towards the door.

"I'll, call you" I mumble as she get further away.

For the first time I notice I mean really notice her voluptuous backside. She stops briefly to look back and I tear my eyes away from down below to flash her a slightly embarrassed smile before I turn to get back in my car.

"Cheryl you fcuking idiot." I curse myself and my ego as I start the engine. For the second time today I find myself baffled by the enigma that is Kimberley Walsh.