Chapter 1: Welcome to the Glade

"Robert's got a quick hand

He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid
Yeah found a six-shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden oh in a box of fun things, I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you"

I wake up to music in my ears. "What?" I groan. I realize there is something on my head, and when I pull the object off my head, the music disappears. Wait, where am I? I reach out to stand up and touch a cold metal grate-like wall. I reach my other hand out and touch another wall. I reach up and suddenly realize I'm trapped in a box. Even more alarmingly, I can't remember how I got here. Or where I am. Or who I am!

The box suddenly starts shooting upwards at an alarmingly fast speed. A sharp pain shoots through my leg, up to my head. I collapse as a voice repeats the phrase Wicked is good, Wicked is good, Wicked is good over and over in my head. I put the odd headpiece on the drown out the voice and music floods my ears again. It's obviously different from the song that was on first.

"Just close your eyes

We're gonna run this light
We live our lives
Yeah, we're not wasting time
Baby, we lost our minds
We're gonna get, gonna get
Get what we can
We're not doing it for the money
Doing it for the money
Doing it for the money"

The voice finally stops, along with the box. There is a little light in my cage, so I look at my surroundings. There is what looks like survival supplies, along with some out of place objects, like hair-ties, and even some girls clothing. I look down at myself, not even really sure of my gender. I stand up and start banging on the walls of my prison, yelling for anyone, anyone to hear, "HELP! I'M TRAPPED IN HERE!"

Soon after I yell, the top of the box opens and my eyes are blinded by the bright light. All I can hear are faint voices over my music. They sound like boys! I open my eyes to see about 20 guys standing around me. I take off my headpiece and what they're saying starts making sense. I hear things like, "It's a girl! Why a girl!" and "Oh shuck, just another burden." I'm a girl! Where are the other girls? I look at the group. There are no girls here. There are NO GIRLS. Just boys. Boys. All boys. "Hey! Shut your mouths shanks!" I hear someone shout over all the others. I look over to see a tall dirty blonde boy walk to the front of the group. "Hey greenie, my names Newt. Welcome to the Glade."

A/N: Hope you liked my first chapter ever! Woop Woop! So, we met the gladers. Too bad we can't remember our name...

PS: The song lyrics above are from the songs Pumped up Kicks and Doing it for the Money, both by Foster the People

See you next chapter!!