Chapter 1:Infinite's Downfall

Infinite is now in the medical room, waiting for Dr.Eggman to patch him up. He was supremely angry at Sonic, Classic Sonic and Gadget, that he wants to slice them in half. Eggman entered the room and Infinite said.

"Finally, You came. Patch me up so that I'll be ready to fight again".

But Eggman shook his head and said,"Sorry Infinite, but the war is over and the Resistance won. I can't believe that you were defeated by that blue, nuisance hedgehog, his past self and that newbie wolf. This Phantom Ruby is useless, you are useless".

He threw the Phantom Ruby to Infinite, right next to his feet. He picked it up and begged,"Please, just give me another chance and I will succeed this time".

Eggman just turned his back at him and said,"No Shadow was right, you are weak! Now get out of my sight before I send Metal Sonic at you!". By that he immediately ran away with the Phantom Ruby. With his remaining strength, he manage to get to the farthest corner in the city. He is all in pain and completely heart broken. He eventually fell asleep. He began to dream of what will the others might think.

(In Infinite's dream)

"Infinite......", Sonic said in sympathy, while Gadget is quiet, but felt concerned for him.

"Hmph! You are just as pathetic as you were used to be!", Shadow said with hatred.

"I though that you are a masterpiece. But you are just a failure like my other creations", Eggman said with pure disappointment.

"Boss.... Why....?", his former team, the Jackal Squad, said with pure sadness for their leader. And it continued on, until he was falling in a pit of a bad place.

(End of Dream)

He was awoken by a ray of sunshine in his eye and he felt that he is the weakest person of all. All he could do now is to do something that he rarely do, cry until his tears were completely dry.

I once though that I could change my destiny, but now.... I'm running out of strength and hope to keep on going. Am I destined to be like this?'', he thought as he continue to shed his tears.