Chapter 10: Plan Into Action

The next day, Zero was doing his regular training with Sonic, Caliburn and Tails. He noticed that everyone were acting strange, as if they were teasing a secret that he didn't know.

"Great job Zero, you too Tails. That's enough training for one day.", praised Sonic as he put Caliburn in his sheath.

"That's pretty early. Is there a reason why?", Zero asked as he put his sword away.

"We'll be busy with some stuff that involves with Eggface. You, Tails, Cream, Cheese, Marine and Charmy will have to stay here. The kids will need some to watch and protect them, can you do that Z?", asked Sonic.

"I'm sure I can. Be careful.", said Zero.

Sonic nodded and ran to the Emerald Beach. The others are preparing the tables and chairs for the party. It would serve as a cover for Kaira so she can surprise Zero. They have enough time to prepare it while Tails, Cream, Cheese, Marine, and Charmy distract Zero.

"They got him distracted now.", said Sonic as he skid to a stop.

"That's good, now we can prepare the party without him knowing this.", said Amy as she placed the plates and silverwares on the table.

"Sonic, can you help me put these on the stage?", asked Kaira as she carried a box of streamers to the stage being built by Gadget and Omega.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind.", said Sonic. He was surprised to see Shadow helping as well.

"Rouge, how did you convinced Shadow to help us?", asked Sonic.

"I didn't convinced him to help. Kaira did and very easily.", answered Rouge, which surprised him greatly. Kaira starts decorating the stage with Sonic, he heard her humming to herself.

'I wonder what her voice sounds like? Probably as beautiful as the melodies she played— Why am I thinking about stuff like this!? I can't be falling for her that quickly! I just met her after all.', Sonic thought as he continued to help Kaira.

"Guys, can you excuse me for awhile? I'll be right back.", said Kaira as she walked towards to the far side of beach. Sonic got curious so he quietly followed her.

Back at the base, Tails, Cream, Cheese, Charmy, and Marine were playing together as Zero watches them. He is quietly humming to himself.

"Mr. Zero, what are you humming?", Cream asked.

"Oh, I was humming a song that me and a friend of mine used to sing.", answered Zero.

"Can you sing it to us, mate?", Marine asked.

"Yeah, it will probably make you feel better. Sonic mentioned to me that you've missed Kaira.", Tails said as he sat on a nearby chair.

"Yeah, please Zero, please!", pleaded Charmy as flies around Zero.

"Okay, if that's what you want.", said Zero as they cheered happily and the rest sat down and waited for him to sing.

(The Journey Starts Today, Theme Song of Pokémon Journeys)

Zero:
The journey starts today! (2x)

It's a big big world, but you know where to find me!
We'll be together and we're gonna do it our way!
We'll discover, we believe in each other!
On adventures with my friends, like every day!