Chapter 8: A New Speedster In Town

(1 Week Later)

Zero and Tails continue on their usual training with Sonic and Caliburn. Zero was getting more improved as each day passes by. Tails is also making progress, but he still had the time to create and make a few adjustments on his inventions. Now, Sonic was cleaning Caliburn's blade after his sparing match with Zero, who is currently asleep. Then, Tails and Gadget came in the room in a hurry.

"Hey Sonic, we got some news to tell you!", said Tails with Gadget right behind him.

"What is it Tails?", asked Sonic as he put Caliburn back in his sheath.

"We heard rumours that there is a new speedster in town.", answered Tails.

"But, we don't know if it's robot created by Eggman or some other mobian.", added Gadget.

"Hmm... Sounds interesting, did you get any info's about this new speedster?", Sonic asked as he stands up.

"Not much, except that they are black and brown blur when running or flying at high speed.", answered Tails.

'A black and brown streak? I heard something like that already but from where?....... Oh right! Zero mentioned that his childhood friend Kaira has super speed like I do and that she turns into a black and brown blur whenever she runs at high speed. But, I can't just assumed this new speedster and Kaira are the same person.', thought Sonic.

"Sonic, are you alright? You seem to be in deep though.", asked Gadget.

"Oh, you see..... a few days ago me and Zero were sparing, I knocked him down and caused him to drop his necklace. From what he told me and Caliburn, that necklace was given to him by Kaira, his only childhood friend.", answered Sonic.

"Really? But what does this Kaira person got to do with the new speedster?", asked Tails.

"From what Zero told me and Caliburn, Kaira has super speed and is a black and brown blur when running at high speed. Though I can't conclude if Kaira and the new speedster are the same person.", answered Sonic.

"Hmmmm...... Sounds like a good possibility......", said Tails.

"So, where was this new speedster was last seen?", asked Sonic.

"From what we heard, the new speedster was always on run, exploring the different zones. But, a rumours said that they were mostly be seen in Emerald Beach.", said Gadget.

"Then let's go check it out.", said Sonic as he stand up and ran outside with Tails and Gadget hot on his tail. They've reached Emerald Beach, which was considerably empty.

"Hmmmm.... If I were a new speedster in town, where will I be?....", pondered Sonic as he looks around the beach for the new speedster.

"Either they're not here yet, or they were in a different part of the beach", said Tails as he flown up high to search up in the air. Gadget was looking up on the trees as he went from one branch to another. Sonic's ears twitches twice when he suddenly heard something, he followed the sound as he went to a different side of the beach. It was revealed to be a female black hedgehog with dark brown highlights at the tip of her hair, which is tied with a blue ponytail. She wears a blue t-shirt with the number 85 in the middle with the word ZOOM beneath it, fluo pink leggings with black thin strips, a pair of white gloves and sock with green cuffs that has a black stripe in the middle, and light red shoes with yellow stars at each side and three white straps on top. She was playing an ocean blue ocarina, it was a very soothing and beautiful melody and it seems to relax Sonic.