Chapter 2:Sonic's Pure Sympathy

Sonic is happy that the wars are over and they are starting to patch things up. He was on his daily morning runs when he heard something, it sounded like someone is in pain. Sonic followed it until it took him to the farthest corner of the city.Once he get there, he was surprised to see an injured Infinite and the Phantom Ruby in his hands.

         'What is he doing here all beaten up? And why is he here anyway? Wasn't he suppose to be with Eggman? ', Sonic though. He noticed that Infinite is weeping. He suddenly felt sorry and he decided to help him. Sonic tried to approach him without being noticed, but he accidentally stepped on an empty plastic bottle. Infinite turned to him and said.

         "Oh...... So it's you..... Are you here to finish what you have started? Then hurry up and do it then!", Infinite said with no hope in his eyes. Sonic was surprised to hear that from him.

        'Wait a minute.... He has the Phantom Rub. Why won't he use it? Does he need to be in a good shape in order to do so?', Sonic though, but he knows what he must do. He approach Infinite and said.

        "Man Infinite, you look horrible! Must have been the last fight between me, Gadget, and Classic me!". He took out the first-aid kit that he brought with him just incase.

        "No...... NO!!!!", Infinite screamed as he slapped Sonic's hand away. "Go away! I don't need your pathetic sympathy!".

        "Infinite, you need to let me help you. Look at yourself! your in a bad shape and your wounds really need to get treated before they get worse!", Sonic explained.

        "I don't need your help!", Infinite said.

        "Yes you do, and I can see that you really need it!", Sonic said.

        "No I don't! If you don't stop now, I will send you to the Null Space!",Infinite threatened him, hoping that he would stop.

        "Well then do it..... If you can", Sonic said in disbelief.

        Infinite cursed in his mind and he wished that Sonic would leave him alone so that he won't see the pathetic essence in him.

        "Look Infinite, I know that you don't want me yo see that so called pathetic essence in you... But I think differently", Sonic said, which caught him off guard.

        "I see a very strong Mobian that can handle everything the world throws at him. Here's a deal, let me treat your wounds and I'll take you to the Resistance Base and I'll tell you a secret that not even Tails, my adopted brother, knows", Sonic said with pure honesty. Infinite doesn't know if he could trust him, but he agreed to it, thought that he might use it to get revenge on him. Sonic picked up a jar of ointment from the first-aid kit.

       "Okay, now this might sting a bit....", Sonic said as he took off the lid. Sonic began to put some ointment on Infinite's wounds. He noticed that Infinite is not flinching. Sonic though that Infinite must be good at dealing with the pain. He then starting to wrap it up with bandages.

      "Infinite, why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be with Baldy McNosehair?", Sonic asked. When Infinite heard Eggman's nickname, he tried to contain his laughter but miserably failed as he is in a burst of laughter.

      "*laughing* B-baldy *laughing*M-mcnosehair *laughing*", Infinite said between his laughter.

      "Haha, I know right? it's so funny that it even manage to make Shadow laugh!", Sonic chuckled.

      "Well, to answer your question.... Eggman abandoned me....", Infinite said after he calms down.

      "Let me guess... He thinks your another failure and he said that you are weak?", Sonic guessed.

      "Exactly..... He is right though, I am weak....", Infinite said.

       Sonic suddenly carried Infinite, piggyback-style. And before Infinite could even ask, Sonic took off. It took 10 seconds and they got to the Resistance Base. Everyone was surprised to see Sonic carrying Infinite on his back. Sonic ignored everyone as he went to his room. It was not too fancy or too shabby, but it's good enough for him. He put Infinite on the bed and told him to rest and he left back outside. Infinite couldn't believe that Sonic actually brought him here, he put the Phantom Ruby on the table desk and he went towards the door. He opened it a little and noticed that no one's in the hall and he stop in a corner and listen to Sonic, talking to his friends......