Chapter 7: Zero's Childhood Story

(Author's Note)

I'm so sorry for not editing for so long! I'm in the case of a writer's block and been busy in school. I hope you understand me. Anyway, let's carry on to the story! 😁😉

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Since Zero earned his title, he began training with much harder than he ever had. Caliburn give him some very advanced swords training for knights who already earned their titles. As for Tails, he began to step up his training and tried to keep up with Zero. But, Caliburn told him not to bite more than he can chew and take his time on his training.

One day, Zero is training with Sonic as they engage in a sparing match. When Sonic knocked Zero down, he dropped a necklace with a pink heart-shaped diamond pendant on it.

"Oh, my necklace!", exclaimed Zero as he picked it up and gently wiped the dust off the pendant.

"What with that necklace, Z? It seems pretty important to you.", asked Sonic as he but Caliburn down.

"Yes, Sir Zero. Where did you get that? A colored diamond is quite expensive, I hope you didn't stole it.", said Caliburn.

"No, no, I didn't stole it. I got this from my childhood and only friend.", said Zero as he sat down on a rock.

"Really? What's the story behind it?", asked Sonic.

" It was when I was still living in my hometown, Crystalline City. It was called like that because the oceans there are so clear that it seemed to be made of crystals. I was being bullied at the beach, when a black and brown blur suddenly started to knock the bullies down one by one. The bullies got scared and ran away. The black and brown blur stopped, revealing to be a 6-year-old black female hedgehog with brown highlights at the end of her hair. Her name is Kaira Serenade and she just moved in with her family. She was a really sweet girl and we spend so much time together that our bond grew to the fact that we were like siblings. We basically almost did everything together, even my grandfather loved her politeness. We used to do swords training together with her parent's approval, who were as kind and polite as she is.", Zero explained. He smiled as he stared at the pendant of the necklace, remembering the good times he and Kaira had together.

[Flashback]

A 7-year-old Zero was playing in the waters with an 6-year-old Kaira.

"Try to catch me if you can Z!", giggled Kaira as she runs at a normal pace up to the beach.

"Hold up Kyling, you know I can hardly keep up with you and your speed!", said Zero as he tried to catch up to Kaira. They did many things together as they grow up.

Four years later, they were sitting at a nearby cliff. They watched the sun sets at the horizon.

"It was really fun today, huh Z?", said Kaira as she stretched her arms a little.

"I would agree on that one Kyling. Here, I bought this for you today.", said Zero as he took out a blue bandana and hands it to Kaira.

"What's this for? It's not even my birthday today.", asked Kaira.

"It's a thank you gift for being my friend. You were so kind to me and I'm surprised you haven't left me yet....", said Zero as he had his gaze at the ground.

"Don't be silly, I won't be leaving you anytime soon.", giggled Kaira as she holds Zero's hand.

"How would you say that? I'm freak and a weakling, I don't even deserve to be your friend. Plus, you can't stay here forever. Your parents told me that you guys will be leaving Crystalline City once your father finds a job somewhere. That's means I will be alone once again.", said Zero as he raised his gaze to look at Kaira.

"Zero, don't you ever say that your a freak or a weakling as you are not any of those. I became your friend because I wanted to. Everyone deserves to have a friend and someone to support them. And I've been starting to see you as a big brother that I never had.", explained Kaira, smiling sweetly at him.

Zero smiled as the words Kaira told him and hugged her in a way a big brother would do.

"Thank you Kaira, I've been starting to see you as a little sister I've always wanted to have.", said Zero.

"No problem, anything for you big bro.", said Kaira as she hugged back as a little sister would do.

They broke the hug and she took off the necklace around her neck and put it around Zero's.

"Hey, why are you giving me your necklace? Isn't it important to you?", asked Zero.

"My grandmother gave it to me as a reminder that she will always be there for me. I know I won't be living here for good and I'm gonna miss you. So I'm giving you this necklace as reminder of me. Don't think of me leaving you as a sign that we're not friends anymore, because we will always be friends. No matter how near or far we are from each other. Just look into the pendant, think of me, and whisper that we will meet again someday. Can you promise that to me?", asked Kaira as she holds his hand.

"I will, I promise.", said Zero, as he once again pulled Kaira into a hug.

[End of Flashback]

Zero sighed as he put the necklace around his neck once again. He stared into the pendant with a longing stare.

"It's been awhile since I've worn this. I hope we will meet again someday..... Kyling.....", whispered Zero.

"Hey Zero, cheer up. You'll probably meet Kaira again someday. She sounds like a really nice person.", said Sonic with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, your probably right. Thank you Sonic, you remind me of Kaira so much. You two almost have the same personality.", said Zero.

"Oh really now?", asked Sonic.

"Yeah, she also had the love for speed too. Only that she is really intelligent and wise for her age and had an excellent swordsmanship.", explained Zero.

"Well if you ever see her again, introduce her to me. I would love to meet her.", said Sonic.

"Same here, I would like to see how good she is in swordsmanship.", said Caliburn.

"Sure, she would love to meet you. She likes to make new friends", answered Zero with a smile.

(Somewhere in the City)

A bus made a stop in the city and a passenger came out. The bus went on it's way as it revealed a female black hedgehog with hazelnut brown eyes and dark brown highlights in the end of her hair, which is tied with a blue ponytail. She wears a blue t-shirt with the number 85 in the middle with the word ZOOM beneath it, a fluo pink leggings with black thin strips, a pair of white gloves with green cuffs that has a black stripe in the middle, and light red shoes with yellow stars at each side and three white straps on top.

"If the rumours were true, he's here in this city. I just hope run into him soon.", she said as she took out an old blue bandana and tied it around her arm. Then she took off at high speed, leaving a black and brown streak behind her.....