Chapter 13: Speedy Crushes and a Jealous Rose

Sonic and the rest arrived back at Emerald Beach and Amy was crying once she saw Emerl and hugged him tightly, who hugged her back in return. After getting Emerl acquainted with the rest of the gang and be aware of what they were planning, they all went back into preparing the surprise party. Well, almost everyone as Sonic was in a different part of the beach. He couldn't get the thought of Kaira kissing his cheek off his mind.

"*sighs heavily* I can't believe I fell for her that quickly, I just only known her for a few days! And yet..... It was like I've known her for years whenever I talk to her.....", Sonic said to himself, blushing lightly. Unbeknownst for him, Knuckles overheard him and walks up to him, saying.

"Sonic? Why are you talking to yourself again?".

Sonic jumped in surprise and sighs in relief when he saw it was just Knuckles.

"Knuckles, don't scare me like that!", Sonic said, fuming a bit.

"I'm sorry. Is there something bothering you? You only talk to yourself whenever your being cocky or there's something troubling you in a way.", Knuckles asked, looking concerned.

".... Okay, I'll tell you. But please promise me you won't tell anyone, ESPECIALLY Amy.....", Sonic pleaded, looking straight at the red echidna's eyes.

"I swear it upon to the blood of my ancestors and to the Master Emerald that I won't tell anyone about this.", Knuckles swore with pure honesty. Sonic sighed heavily before looking away, blushing.

"I-I got a crush on someone....", Sonic said as he played with his fingers.

"Okay, let me guess. It was.... Kaira, right?", Knuckles asked, crossing his arms with an amused smile on his muzzle.

"H-how did you know that?", Sonic asked, his blush turned into a deep red.

"I may not be one of most social person among the gang, but I know it when someone is getting a crush. I saw the way you look at her whenever you think no one is watching and you basically spend more time with Kaira than the other girls we've met during our adventures.", Knuckles explained.

"Okay, the cat's out of the bag. Your right, it was Kaira. It's just that..... there is something about Kaira that made her different the rest of the girls. Unlike the majority of my fangirls, she's not crazy about me like Amy. And yet, she still admired me in someways that pushes her to be better. We both had so much in common and she sees me more than just my title as the Hero of Mobius.....", Sonic explained with a slight dreamy look on his face.

"So, are you gonna tell her?", Knuckles asked, curiously. Sonic snap out of his dreamy state and simply shook his head.

"No, at least not yet. I'll just focus on being her friend before I try to make my move.", Sonic answered as he tried not to blush too hard. Somewhere else in the beach is Kaira, who is really embarrassed from the kiss earlier.

"I can't believe I just did that! How embarrassing....", Kaira whispered to herself, covering her blushing face. She suddenly felt that someone is eyeing on her. So, Kaira looked from behind her only to see a certain bat looking at her with an amused smirk on her lips.

"W-why are you smirking like that?", Kaira asked trying to get rid of her blush.

"I saw what happened hun, you can't hide from an agent such as myself. Although, I found it cute that you kissed Big Blue on the cheek.", Rouge answered as she walks up to Kaira, who was blushing heavily out of embarrassment.

"T-That was nothing, it was just a thank you kiss.", Kaira explained, covering her blushing face.

"Hun, your blushing face says otherwise. Plus, I saw the way you look at Sonic. Look, I promise I won't tell ANYBODY about this.", said Rouge before putting her hand on her chest where her heart should be. Kaira looked straight at her eyes before sighing heavily.

"Okay, yes I DO have a crush on Sonic.", answered Kaira, blushing.

"Is there a reason why?", Rouge asked out of curiosity.

"As a start, Sonic is more of a inspirational figure when I first started to hear about his heroics when I was 11. When I heard about the things Sonic did for Mobius, it made me inspired to work hard and train so I can be as strong as he is and become a heroine myself. But, hearing how he saved Tails from his bullies made me remind how I saved Zero back when we were younger, that's when I started to have a crush on Sonic. And even thought I managed to get out myself from the cell, Sonic tried to save me along with you guys. That really showed that he cared about me, even though we only know each other for a few days.", Kaira explained with a fond smile on her face.

"Aww~ That's so cute, Kaira. You should tell him.", Rouge said, poking at her playfully.

"I can't Rouge, we just known each other for a few days. Plus, I think he likes someone else and I'm fine with being friends with Sonic.", Kaira said, looking away.

"You'll never know unless you try. If it helps, I saw the way Sonic looks at you. I can tell that he likes you back~.", Rouge sang, which Kaira just ignore.

" Hey, Kaira! I was looking all over for you!", Sonic said as he walks up to them, before adding.

"Can you help me with something? I could really use your help."

"Of course, Sonic. What is it that you want?", Kaira asked as the two speedsters walked together.

"Well, I was thinking of making Zero sing a song that you two used to sing and make you join in to surprise him. Can you help me make the instrumentals? We can add a couple of more songs while we're at it", Sonic asked. Kaira beamed at the idea and nodded.

"That's a great idea. Let's do it!", She said with a smile, which made Sonic blush a bit before he smiled himself. Unbeknownst to the two speedsters, a certain pink hedgehog was watching them from a distance. Amy is certainly weren't happy about how close Sonic and Kaira are.

"If that hedgehog thinks she can just swoop in and take MY Sonic just like that..... Then she had another thing coming.....", she whispered angrily to herself. Amy left to plan how to get Sonic's attention and to look for a boulder to crush with her hammer.