Chapter 4: Gadget's Return and Zero's Sword

It's been a week since Zero has change thanks to Sonic's kindness and is now who he is in the past.

(imagine he wears the Phantom Ruby on a bracelet in his right hand and doesn't hold his sword)

Zero is the complete opposite of who he is as Infinite, and it's pretty hard to trust someone who is on Eggman's side once

Zero is the complete opposite of who he is as Infinite, and it's pretty hard to trust someone who is on Eggman's side once. But, they slowly starting to trust him. Except Shadow, who still has his guard up. Zero is helping the others cleaning up the mess of the last war, he still feel upset about what he did in the past. While he was painting a wall, his hand was suddenly grabbed by a grapple hook and was pulled down. He turned to see the one who had defeated him along Sonic and Classic Sonic.

"Gadget!", Zero exclaimed as Gadget quickly strangled him.

"Your planning up to no good! I'm taking you to the Base so that we will put you on bars", Gadget said as he started to tie Zero's hands.

"No! Wait! This is a misunderstanding! ", Zero said as he tried to break free. Sonic and Tails were happened to be there and manage to stop Gadget from hurting Zero.

"Gadget stop! Your hurting Zero too much!", Sonic pleaded as he hold him up as Tails untied Zero.

"Zero?", Gadget questioned as Tails help Zero up.

"That's my real name, Zero The Jackal, before I became Infinite........ Thanks Tails", Zero explained as he dusted himself.

"Your welcome, Zero", Tails said with a wink and a thumbs up.

"Zero's on our side now. So you don't have to worry about it", Tails explained as Sonic let Gadget go. Sonic then explained him what happened last week and Gadget felt horrible and said that he was sorry for what he did to him. Zero forgave him and they began to help at painting the building together.

"Uhhh....... Gadget, I'm sorry for scaring you and for all the things that I have done....", Zero apologized as he and Gadget took a break from painting another wall.

"It's nothing Infi- I mean Zero, I moved on. And I gotta admit, you look way more better without a mask on your face", Gadget complimented.

"Yeah...... I get that a lot. The others think so too", Zero said as blushed at the compliment.

As the two former enemies and now friends are talking, Sonic asked Shadow to a race, which he agreed because he had nothing else to do. They were neck to neck when out of the blue, Sonic tripped on something and got the usual face first and got half of his head buried to the ground. Shadow tried to control his laughter, but failed miserably as he is laughing uncontrollably at Sonic's misfortune. When Sonic got his head out, he saw Shadow still laughing. He know it was kinda irritating, but not as he rarely see Shadow laughed.

"Hahaha, oh me and my clumsiness", Sonic said, he dusts himself and Shadow stopped laughing. He looked at he tripped on and found a red sword with a blue gem in the middle of the handle. It was buried halfway, Sonic grabbed the handle and pulled it out of the ground.

"What in Chaos' s name did this came from?", Sonic asked and Shadow's eyes wided when he saw the mysterious sword.

"I know that sword, Zero used it when we battled when the war started", Shadow explained.

Sonic took out a cloth and began to clean it. Shadow was surprised of how  Sonic was when he cleaned the sword expertly.

"There! Good as new!", Sonic said as he saw his reflection on the sword's blade.

"You seem to know how to handle a sword", Shadow said with interest.

"That's because I know how to use a sword, I have a friend who taught me how", Sonic explained as wrapped the cloth around the sword's blade.

"Oh really? Prove it", Shadow demanded.

"I will, after we return this to Zero", Sonic said as they went back to base. Zero and Gadget were having a great time as they share their interests and other things.

"You know how to use a sword? ", Gadget asked as he heard Zero say that he was good at swordsmanship.

"Yeah, but I kinda abandoned my sword when I decided to join Eggman....", Zero explained.

"You mean this?", Sonic said as he and Shadow entered the room. Sonic throw him the sword and he removed the cloth.

"My sword! Where did you find it?", Zero asked.

"Near Eggman's old base, me and Shadow were on a race when I kinda tripped on it. It was buried halfway to the ground", Sonic explained as Zero took a couple of slashes and he sliced a boulder as if it was an apple.

"Wow! That was amazing! The sword didn't even broke!", Gadget said.

"That's because it's blade was made of Red Diamobuis, one of the strongest minerals in Mobius. My grandfather gave it to me and he is also the one who taught how to use a sword",Zero explained.

"How in the world did your grandfather find Diamobuis? Those are very hard to find", Shadow asked.

"My grandfather is also a miner and he wished to find Diamobuis so that he can make the strongest blade of all. It was just by good luck that he find a red one and many rich people tried to get him to sale it to them by giving him tons of Mobuims, but he still refused. I kinda thought that I lost it for good, thanks for finding and returning it to me Sonic, you too Shadow", Zero said as he bow to them.

"Aww... It was nothing and no need to bow us, Z", Sonic said.

"Z?", Zero questioned.

"It's just a nickname", Sonic explained.

"I rarely say this but, your welcome Zero", Shadow said.

Sonic then went inside and look for his metal glove and his sword, Caliburn (Sonic still has Caliburn, as they should never be separated).

"Hey Caliburn, your up for a round?", Sonic asked.

"Of course, Sir Sonic. But, why so all the sudden? ", Caliburn asked.

"Zero, a friend of mine happens to know how to use a sword and I wanted to test him. I also wanted to reveal you, but not the whole thing. Is that okay with you?", Sonic asked.

"And by the whole thing is the part of you being the king?", Caliburn asked.

"Yup, pretty much. But, don't speak until I want you to", Sonic ordered.

"Of course, my leige", Caliburn answered as Sonic put on the metal glove and went outside.

"Caliburn, no need to call me "my leige", Sir Sonic or plain-old Sonic is fine. How many times do I have to tell you that? ", Sonic said as he went out of the door with Caliburn in his sheath.