Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It’s like my dream became a reality. There she was, standing right before me. Alison. Alive not dead,

“Hey Em.” She says.

“Ali?” I say as I sit up from bed.

“You don’t know how much it kills me to be away from you.” She says sitting at the foot of my bed. “You’re alive? Where have you been?” I start to stutter.

“Em it’s not safe for me to say anything let alone be here right now.” She says coming closer to me. “Then why are you here?” I ask.

“I had to see you and tell you something.” She says.

“What do you have to tell me?” I ask eager to know.

“Em, I-“ “Emily, Em, Em” a voice echoes over Alison’s words. My eyes open with alert as I jump up. I see Spencer sitting at the foot of my bed.

“Spencer?” I say confused. “We have to get to school.” She says. Typical Spencer always on top of everything that includes school. I feel tears start to build up in my eyes. It was just a dream. Ali is dead. I choke on my tears and get out of bed. I have loved Ali since the first time I saw her in the third grade. I wanted to tell her that I loved her more than a friend but she was killed before I had the chance. My heart aches every time I think of it. I take a shower and change into sweats, a tank top, my swimming jumper, and Converse Sneakers. Spencer and I go to school. During the whole day the only thing that was on my mind was Ali. “Em, come on it’s the end of class.” Aria says shaking me out of my daydream of Ali. Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and I all head to the cafeteria and sit down. The three girls believe that Ali is truly dead but I can still feel her presence, I sometimes even see her like not in daydreams or dreams I actually see her. The girls think I’m just hallucinating at first I thought that until I was nearly killed in a barn from the car running. The girls didn’t drag me out of that barn, Ali did. She leaned down and kissed me when I opened my eyes again she was gone and the girls surrounded me. I knew right then and there she was still alive because I still felt her kiss. After school and swim practice I went home and lied down in bed.