Chapter 2

I lied there for hours, the girls texted me and called me a bunch of times but I never answered I was too depressed to be bothered. The only person who can snap me out of it was Ali but she isn’t around.. Eventually I fell asleep. When I woke up I felt someone lying next to me in my bed. I turn my head and see a blonde haired girl. At first I thought it was Hanna until she turned and faced me. Alison.

“Ali?” I said jumping out of bed. “Hello Emily.” She said. “This isn’t real, I’m having another dream.” I say.

“Em this isn’t a dream, I am really here.” She says as she gets out of the bed and walks towards me.

“No, this is a dream, it has to be! Your dead for Christ sake!” I exclaim. “Em, you seriously think I died? C’mon I thought you were the one that never believed that.” She says moving a piece of my hair away from my face. I felt her touch just like I did her kiss. She is really here, right in front of me. I wanted to just pull her into me and kiss her but instead I pulled her into me and hugged her tightly.

“I’ve missed you so much Ali.” I say starting to burst into tears. “I missed you too Em.” She says returning my hug. “What are you doing here though?” I ask confused.

“I needed to see you.” She says, her eyes glassy. I had no response. Ali pulls me into her again.

“Can I stay here with you for a while?” she asks in my neck. “Of course!” I say returning her embrace.

“Look Ali, I have to get to school but I can skip today if you want me to.” I suggest.

“No, go to school, just don’t tell the others I’m alive yet. I will tell you when the time is right.” She tells me wiping a tear from her eye. She kisses my cheek and turns me to the door. I slowly walk out of my room blushing and take a shower. When I return to my room, Ali isn’t there. I feel a slight fear in the pit of my stomach. I quickly get dressed and head down stairs. When I reach the kitchen Ali is there eating a bowl of cereal. I let out a loud sigh. She turns and faces me.

“Don’t you look cute today?” she says with a smile. I feel the heat start to burn my cheeks. I smile back.

“I thought I was dreaming again when I returned to my room.” I say in a quiet voice. Ali gets up and walks towards me. “Em, sweetie I promise you this isn’t a dream, when you get back from school I will still be here.” She says placing her hand on my arm.

“You promise?” I ask. She smiles. “I promise.” She says. She kisses my cheek but this time a little bit closer to my lips. “Now go to school before Spencer lectures you.” She says and turns me to the door.