1- Awake

I woke up because of the weird beeping noise which hurt my head. My vision was unclear because of the unfamiliarity of the extremely bright lights shining through my eyes. This added more to the stinging pain that I was experiencing. As unpleasant as it sounds, it was really unbearable in reality. A soft groan left my mouth due to the pain, and then I could hear a shrill voice, probably filled with shock and excitement.

"Aahh! Finally you're awake! Let me check up on you."

The woman came beside me and started saying something which was gibberish for me because I didn't quite understand her.

Moving at an extremely fast pace she removed the suffocating mask from my face and then she did the worst thing anyone could have done with a person experiencing a headache. She pointed her torch straight in my eyes, and said 'good' , and I was left in complete misery as the pain intensified.

Unable to bare the pain I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes. I felt weak. The woman helped me sit up comfortably on the bed and as my vision adjusted, I could see the room more clearly- white bed, white bedsheets, white curtains with a hint of pinkish floral prints and multiple pipes connected to my veins.

I finally realized that I was nowhere else, but a freaking hospital.

I was confused. Confused to the point that even the nurse ,who had been standing beside me, saw the nervousness creeping up on my face.

"I'll go get the doctor.", was the only thing that she said and left me alone in that monotonous room with the continuous beeping sound of the machine.

What exactly happened?

Why don't I remember anything?

I don't remember how I got there. But somehow I ended up in a hospital bed.

I tried to remember but all that I could think about was complete darkness, exactly opposite to the white room I was sitting in. That darkness was empty and haunting and I couldn't help myself from being scared. I was feeling uneasy and it was difficult for me to breathe. Everything was suffocating. As if the oxygen had suddenly ended. The pain in my head reached to such peaks that it felt as if my head will be blown any minute.

I held my head and tried to breathe. But it was all in vain. It kept getting difficult and in the end I gave up and was succumbed in the darkness.

Just like the darkness of my memories.