Chapter Two

unedited

The Next Morning, Kande Woke Up With a Terrible Migraine, She managed to Pray Subh and Lay down again.

Mama Saw Kande Sleeping, she knows her daughter is always excited and ready for school, her face looks Pale.

She woke her up " Kande ki tashi You'll be late for school". Kande Managed to Speak with her eyes closed "Mama am not feeling too well, My temperature is High"

Sadly Mama Replied "You Cried alot yesterday ,Sannu You'll be fine In Shaa Allah, Lemme make Kunu and Soak Tsabara Leaves For You" (Tsabara Is a traditional Leaves Used for medicine, I really donno the English Name)

Mama left to make Kunu for kande, She met Baba Fixing the Tire of his Bicycle, She greeted "Good Morning Malam "as she reached for the Tsabara Tray on top of the Kitchen Hut

"Good Morning he answered Who are you Soaking Tsabara Leaves For he asked"

"Kande is not feeling Well, am worried she might Miss Something Important in School" She Replied while Soaking the Leaves in a Small Calabash

He Hissed "Which School after she's getting married?" he exclaimed while Cleaning His Hands With a dirty Rag

Mama kept the Calabash and helped herself to a Wooden Chair beside Him She began " Malam you need to think twice on the decision you've taken, She Paused for a moment and Continued "I promised to sponsor her education"

Malam Adamu Pointed a Finger at her face "Falmata! How dare you question My decision?. I am the Man of the House and whatever decision i take is final and not Subject to negotiation whatsoever", He responded angrily and rise to climb his Bicycle. Falmata was looking at him fearfully

He continued "am sure you so much enjoy your soup yesterday due to abundant of fish in it, Where do u think that came from? Its all Part of What Alhaji Sent to me yesterday. How many generous people like him can you find this days?.

He questioned but Falmata kept Mute looking at him in amazement." For your Information Alhaji also Promised to Sponsor the wedding without us spending a dime, which we don't have.

With Hot Boiling Tears She Managed to Speak with Courage " Malam Knowledge is Light, Education Is Very Important besides...

That got Malam Adamu Enraged, he turned giving her a deadful look, "the profit you make from your beancake business can be used on reasonable things Instead of wasting it on profitless western education which teaches and Promotes Immorality,

Mind You, Like it or not Kande is Going to Alhaji's House and i am done talking on this Issue" he concluded as he rod his Bicycle out of the house, leaving Falmata in pool of tears for she knew her daughter's Life is in grave danger.

She Carried the Calabash along with a Cup of Kunu and walked to her room, She Kept the Kunu and Tsabara beside her bed and turned to leave when she heard Kande call her Name "Mama" this time opening her left eye

Mama smiled and sat beside her holding her left hand" Kande How are You Feeling, Please take this Kunu and Tsabara, You'll Feel relieved"

Kande answered ignoring what Falmata said "Mama am afraid we have no choice than to obey what Baba said, I don't want him to end up cursing me", rising to a sitting postion as Mama helped with a pillow to support her Back.

She Continued with a Shaky Voice" Mama I don't want to see you shedding tears, I heard your conversation earlier, I don't want to be the Cause of misunderstanding between You and Baba".

With taking the Cup of Kunu in her hand she said " Mama I have Madeup my mind, I am Marrying Alhaji Mati for Baba's Happiness and To resolve this Misunderstanding" and she burst into tears

Falmata Wiped the Tears on her Daughter's Cheek and mouthed " Fear Not My Child, Allah Is With Us, He will Surely See Us Through" saying that, she left the room.

Kande managed a smile with what her Mama said, Indeed What is ment to be yours will never miss you for it was written by the greatest of writers. She Drank her Tsabara and Kunu Confidently inorder regain her strength.

Here we go again.....
As you can see, She madeup her mind to Marry Alhaji Mati... Don't Blame me

Is not too Late if you :

VOTE
COMMENT
And Share

Thankyou❤✨