3

The next day was tough, for it was the funeral.

Sabrina flushed her puke down the toilet and went to brush her teeth. Afterwards, she took a good look at her face in the mirror. She opened her mirror and pulled out a pore strip and then a small pot of face mask and began to set her timer for ten minutes once everything was on her face. Am I supposed to look bad or good, she wondered.

She could only think about how she screamed when she heard his voice behind her and how she ran to the car. Once inside she quickly drove out of the spot and could no longer stand to listen to Feeling Whitney. Confusion ran through as she wondered how was it that she could hear his voice clear as day and feel his presence but the moment she turned around he wasn't there. Then she thought back to the moment before she fainted. What made her faint? With no cars behind her, Sabrina hit the breaks and kept her foot on the pedal as she looked at the empty road ahead of her.

"It's all in your head." She repeated to herself. "All in your head. All in your head." And with that, she decided to drive again. And as quickly as she let go of the pedal, she saw Shawn dash across the road and she let out a scream before driving off. Not liking the silence, she put on the radio and she heard the bridge of Déjà Vu by Beyoncé come on the radio.

"Baby I can't go anywhere! Without thinking that you're there! Seems like you're everywhere, it's true! Gotta be having déjà vu!"

A wave of chills went down her spine and she went to change the radio but the buttons got stuck and she found herself being forced to listen to Beyoncé sing about having visions of someone who isn't there. And then Sabrina thought of a memory.

"What is it with you and Beyoncé?" Shawn laughed as Sabrina screamed her heart out to the song on the radio.

"It's Beyoncé, Shawn!" Sabrina replied.

And now as she wiped off her face and pat it dry with a towel, she starred at her reflection in the mirror. It was hard to see her reflection for the first time; it was what she avoided. There was no color to her skin, no shine to her eyes, no warmth to her dark eye bags.

"Sabrina, there's a friend at the door for you. He said he's taking you to the funeral." Her mothers voice came.

"I'll be right down." Sabrina replied. She grabbed the box of tissues from the sink and then placed them in the large jacket she wore.

"You know you're not getting this jacket back, right?" Sabrina told Shawn.

"Why do you think I gave it to you?" Shawn replied.

She went to her bedroom and grabbed the small shoebox of things she wanted him to be buried with and then walked down the stairs. Brandon and Troy were seated in the living room with Sabrina's mom as they talked.

"I'm ready." Sabrina said as she made it to the bottom step. "I'll see you later mom."

"Bye guys. Be strong. Make sure you all eat afterwards." Her mom said as she opened the door for the three teenagers to head out to the car.

Sabrina clambered in the backseat of the blue mustang and unlocked her phone. She looked at her home screen, a picture of her putting her finger up Shawn's nose as he slept.

"Is anyone from school coming?" Sabrina asked as they drove off.

"I heard some of his old teachers were coming." Troy spoke. His hair was in a bun as he nervously bounced his knee up and down.

"Mr. David is coming." Brandon said. "I dropped by his class yesterday."

"Really?" Sabrina asked.