Chapter 16- Graduation

*Thomas*

We graduate tomorrow. Who would've thought time would fly by so fast. Lexi is completely freaking out, but one thought keeps him calm. The fact that after we graduate we are getting married. It makes the thought of graduation the best thing in the world. 

We spent all day today getting ready for graduation. I got the caps and gowns, flowers shoes, suits, and after graduation food. Now all that's left to do is graduate. 

*Alex* 

Thomas spent all day getting ready for things tomorrow. I* spent all day working on my speech, Yup I graduated as valedictorian. Washington is proud of me, and I am proud of myself too. Its one of the things I said I wanted to get out of my last year. I completed mostly everything else. I learned and wrote as much as I could. I have been the happiest I've ever been all year with my friends and Thomas. Sweet Thomas. He has done so much for me and I couldn't be more grateful. I will include that in my speech. 

I graduate tomorrow. We graduate tomorrow. But its all okay because after that I get married to the love of my life. I couldn't be happier. And I will keep in contact with all of my friends, I mean, after all, I've kept in contact with them all this time. 

We are going out for a dinner. Kinda like a party for graduation. Everybody came. Eliza, Herc, Laf, ANgelica, Peggy, Eliza, John, Theodosia, Burr, James. Even though they put me and Thomas through h***, they were still close friends. We went to a nice place it was fancy but not too fancy. 

"So who else is excited to graduate beside french fry?" John said jokingly
"ME!" 
"Herc, no need to shout," Burr said seeming annoyed.
"Its all in good fun Burr."  
" May I ask why I went to the zoo when I got drunk a few nights ago?" 
"You ran out yelling 'IM COMING MY POOR TURTLES! I WILL SAVE YOU AND PUT YOU IN A ZOO! TURTLETOPIA!'." I said being the only one to remember. 

Everybody bursts out laughing. 

"Laf and Herc ran out saying 'LETS GO LAFFY! WE ARE BUYING A BAR SO WE CAN GET AS DRUNK AS WE WANT!' " I said stirring my drink laughing while everyone else joins in. 

"I-i-i-iTs TRUE! I want to own a bar!" Herc said laughing between words. Everyone laughed more.

"Thomas you cant be laughing! You leaned on me and we fell over then the conversation went like -

Ughh, Lexiiii, you were supposed to hold me up!" 

"Your too heavy you dingbat!"
"No need to be a meany!"
"You were the one who gave me a boo-boo!"   

Everybody is almost crying with laughter. 

"You said, "You're the one who gave me a boo-boo?" Thomas says in between laughs. 

"Y-y---eah!" 

"And you call Thomas a-- d--ing---bat!?" Herc says. 

"I kn--ow!" I say almost falling on the ground.

After all the laughing we started to talk about what our plans were for after college. 

"Well, Thomas and I are going to get married and then move closer to the ocean in New York. I plan on working as a Lawyer. "
"Yeah, and I want to work in something with Law enforcement, like police or something in that field of work." 
"Well sounds like you two will be very happy together," Laf says, thick in accent. "Who knows maybe someone else will get married after you all." He says fidgeting with his hair.
"Yeah maybe," Herc says nudging him. This makes laugh softly and smile.
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! SO sweet!" Peggy says. Everybody laughs slightly at this.