Chapter 23- Telling the untold

3rd POV 

*3 days after the last chapter* 

Thomas wants to take a trip to Virginia. A family trip.  Thomas and his family are really close except for his parents. They hated Thomas. He wasn't "Normal". Yeah, they were homophobes. But, Alex didn't exactly know that. 

"Lexi, darlin' you ready to go?" Alex rushed out of the door carrying 2 bags full of clothes and they were heavy. 
"Lexi, we are staying for 2 days." 
"But what if I wear something that isn't good enough for them, I have to be able to change into something better." 
"Whatever you wear will be fine, if they don't like it then they will live. " 
"Mmm, Fine I'll leave a bag behind. Here take this one." He takes the other bag and rushes inside with it. A few seconds later he walks back out and closes their apartment door. 

"I'm ready now Tommy." He says smiling. Thomas can't help but smile back. Alex was just like a ball of sunshine when he was happy. He and Peggy were like sunshine siblings. They just make everyone smile. 

"Come on let's go!" Alex screams from the passenger seat. Thomas chuckles.
"Comin Darlin'" Thomas hops into the driver's seat and they begin their drive. It was full of Alex singing his heart out and Thomas joining in here and there and laughing. Even when the words Alex sang were wrong he kept going. Such a ball of sunshine. 

"Lexi you are too cute," Thomas says laughing. Alex sang completely wrong words to a song. 
"I try," Alex smirks, Thomas just laughs harder. Alex soon joins in.
"Thomas, are you nervous?" Alex asks after they both calmed down. 
"Um, yeah sorta. My parents aren't um really well they don't, well,  they don't exactly know abo-well they do, not us, but they aren't fo- well they are-" 
"Thomas?" 
"Well my parents don't know about us getting married and they are um homophobes," Thomas muttered the last part but it was loud enough for Alex to hear. 
"They, they, us, know, THOMAS!" 
"I'm sorry, why should I have told them? They weren't going to come anyway!" 
"I mean that makes sense, but... Now I'm really nervous." 
"We'll figure it out." 
"O-Okay." 

For the next few minutes, everything was quiet until a song came on that Alex couldn't not sing. 

"I'M TAKIN THIS HORSE BY THE REINS!" "MAKtIN RED COATS REDDER WITH BLOODSTAINS!" 

Thomas just kept his eyes on the rod laughing. He joined in though. 

"FLUENT IN FRENCH I MEAN! WHATS HE GONNA DO ON THE BENCH I MEAN" 
"GOTTA GET MY RIGHT-HAND MAN BACK!," They both sung in unison. After that that they just laughed. They were both truly happy. 

*A few hours later* 

"Lexi, we're here," Thomas says slightly shaking the sleeping Alex. 
"WAIT! WE'RE HERE! oh no." 
"Don't worry," Thomas ays giving a warm smile. Alex nods and gets up and walks towards the door. He is gripping Thomas' shirt for dear life. Thomas places a hand on Alex's to try and calm him down. He relaxes a little. 

*Ding Doong* 

please be Anna 
Please be Anna
Please be Anna
Please be An- 

"THOMAS!" Anna screams as she runs and jumps up to hug Thomas. She was now 16. 
"Hey, Ann! I missed you!" 
"I missed you too bro! Hey, who's your little friend?" 

Alex seems to shrink when he is pointed out. 
"Hi." He says shyly. 
"Ann, this is my husband Alexander Hamilton," Thomas says proudly. 
Anna stands there open-mouthed. She runs and hugs them both. 
"IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TOMMY! IM HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU!" Thomas laughs. 
"Thanks, Ann." Thomas looks over at Ann and is smiling, he goes and hugs him. 
"I told you, nothing to worry about." 
"Mmm, we still have to tell your parents." He says grimly. 
"It'll be okay. Let's go." Thomas walks in with Alex hand in hand. 

"MOM, DAD! YOU HERE?" 
"THOMAS? THOMAS!" His mother yells as she runs and gives him a hug 
"I missed you, Thomas."
"I missed you too mom." 
"Who is that? Are you a friend of Thomas?" Alex shoots Thomas a look that says 'help me'. He just nods. 
"Well, come come, have a drink." 

"Thomas,we should tell her now before we have to tell them both at once." 
"Okay." 
"Hey, mom, there is something me and Lexi have to tell you." 
"Lexi? Huh, Oh okay sure what is it?" 

Thomas looks and Alex and smiles to try and relax him. 
"Lexi and I are married." 

*SLAP* 

Thomas is standing there in shock. His head jerks to Alex, who is still frozen facing away. He can see tears forming in his eyes. 

"MOM! Alex, let's go. We are obviously not wanted here." Thomas grabs Alex'hand and pulls him to the door. Alex doesn't budge. 
"No. I am not going to run away from someone who doesn't have an open mind!" 
"My son I NOT gay! You are what caused this. I want you out!" 
"FINE! Don't expect any contact  with your grandkids!" Alex spat then stomped away with a smirking Thomas. Thomas was satisfied with how that turned out. Just before they walked out the door they heard one last thing Thomas' mother said. 

"I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU, STUPID CHILDREN, ANYWAY! FILTHY!" 

The once tough Alex is shattered. When it comes to kids Alex always had a soft spot. That hit him hard an Alex didn't know what to say. He lets a few tears fall. 

When Thomas saw Alex crying he was infuriated. 
"Lexi wait here." He walked back into the house where his father was now standing. 
"Don't you ever say that again! You made my Lexi cry! That hurts both of us! Don't be surprised when you get no contact with us! We will talk to Anna but that's it! She at least understands! Thank you for a waste of time!" With that Thomas left completely. Gone from Virginia and back to New York. 

"I'm sorry Lexi." 
"Nothing to be sorry about." He said with a sad smile.

A/N Sorry another short one but there will be another one out later today. Only a few more chapter before sadly I end this book and start the sequel. The sequel again is called "Trying" thank you for reading have a good day and as always

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!