Chapter 2: Snowy Junkyard

"So where do you wanna go?" Max asked as she buckled her seatbelt. "Let's go to the junkyard." Chloe said. "Sounds good." Max told her. Chloe started the truck and drove away from the diner.

The look on Chloe's face when I told her my dad will be here tomorrow morning. She looked so hurt. It broke my heart to tell her that. She's obviously scared I'll abandon her again. Which is crazy. I'll never do that again.

Max looked at Chloe with a hint of sadness on her face. Just staring into the pale face of her girlfriend. And the fact that she's leaving her tomorrow for a week. Max was going to make the best of this day. She wanted Chloe to have a good time with her before she has to go.

"Chloe, we're going to have fun. Okay? I'm going to put my best in for today."

"Damn right, Max. Cause you know I wouldn't let you go without a fun time with me."

Max smiled and shook her head.

Chloe continued the drive down to the junkyard. Deciding on what to do once they got there. Then an idea popped into her head.

"Oooh, Max. How would you like to shoot David's gun?" Chloe questioned. "What? Why?" Max said. "Well, we gotta do something when we get to the junkyard." Chloe said. "C'mon, it'll be hella fun." She assured. Chloe always found a way to persuade others into doing what she wanted. And she was damn good at it.

"I mean... I guess it'd be fun." Max said. "Oh, it will be." Chloe told her. "Won't it be hard to find bottles in the snow?" Max asked. "I'm pretty sure I've got some empty bottles in the junk shack. We can use those." Chloe said.

Of course Chloe would have some empty bottles there. Max thought with a smile.

Max remembered when Chloe took her to the junkyard a few days after their reunion a few months ago. Convincing Max to hang out with her instead of Warren.

It's been a small time since Max actually spoke to Warren. She'd smile at him in the hallway or around campus, but they never spoke in a while. Ever since their reunion, Max has been spending a lot of time with Chloe.

Max smiled when she remembered the morning she was with Chloe a few weeks ago.

***

"Okay, Max. You think you're so confident? Fine. I dare you to kiss me."

"Wait, what?"

Chloe grinned. "Don't think you can do it? I double dare you. Kiss me now." She said. Max reached her arms out and pressed her lips to Chloe's.

Chloe's eyes widen and she nearly backed away. But she didn't. Instead, she slowly wrapped her arms around her shorter friend and deepened the kiss. Max brought her hand around the punks neck. Bringing Chloe deeper into the kiss.

They finally parted for air

They finally parted for air. "Wow. Didn't expect that." Chloe said. "Are you that desperate for me, hippie?" She questioned. Max planted her hand on her hip and shoved Chloe.