Chapter 6: The leader

"Are we living to die or are we dying to live?"

Everything around him seemed grey as he walked towards the petrol station. The smell of gasoline was stuck in the air. It was the same thing all day, every day. Maybe if he started a fire this boring daily routine would be over, but that also meant he would be homeless. Already struggling to pay the rent it just didn't seem like a smart idea.

Namjoon also wanted to meet his friends again, after the fight happened they stopped gathering together and he missed it. The blonde-haired boy felt a great responsibility for the well-being of his friends, even though he wasn't the oldest in the group. He just had to make sure they were all right, since he knew how much they struggled to take care of themselves sometimes. Hell, even he had a hard time coming around at the moment.

A few years ago, he'd offered to make extra room for Taehyung when he was having a hard time being at home. His father had beaten the boy up badly once and Taehyung knew he could always count on Namjoon to take care of his wounds. They'd tried keeping it a secret from the group since it wasn't an easily talked about issue. However, they got suspicious after the incident at the beach happened. Jungkook had ripped of Taehyung's shirt and though he kept smiling and playing, the wounds were evident on his torso.

He sighed the moment he arrived at the petrol station, he'd continue with his daily routine. Until they'd meet again.