Chapter 8: Neverland pt. 3

The sun was already setting, leaving behind a beautiful orange glow on the sand. It was pretty, the group took in the sight while sitting on a stone wall by the edge of the sea. The waves were gently hitting the shore and the sound had a calming effect on the boys. They were smiling and talking about the things they'd do tomorrow, already planning a next meeting.

Namjoon and Yoongi were talking about including nature's sounds in a song and it led into a heavy discussion. Should birds be on soundtracks or not? Yoongi thought it was just plain ugly while Namjoon said it would sound nice because birds were cool.

"They're cool." Namjoon protested, Yoongi was on the verge of giving up.

A seagull sat down behind them, flapped his wings and screeched loudly. Namjoon didn't see it coming and almost fell down from the wall in shock.

Yoongi huffed loudly and had a hard time containing his laughter. After shrugging his shoulders in an 'I told you so' manner he let the subject slide and pat Namjoon on the back to comfort the poor boy.

Taehyung stood up from his seating spot while everybody was distracted by Namjoon's actions. He wanted to get a better sight of the view and walked towards the ladder that led to a platform. After climbing for a while he reached the top and stood silently on the surface.

"Taehyung what are you doing?" Jungkook let out a surprised gasp. Namjoon turned his head towards the younger and saw that he was looking at the platform high above the sea. Taehyung was standing on it, he seemed so caught up in his own world. Everyone told him to get down and made motioning hand gestures, none of it seemed to reach him.

Suddenly, he took a sprint towards the edge of the platform and jumped.

Time stopped ticking and all Namjoon could do was watch as his dearest friend fell down towards the sea. Taehyung's arms swung around him not being able to get a grasp on the air, he looked like a bird without wings.

The last thing he heard was the sound of a body hitting the water. On an impulse Namjoon dove after him.

By the time he'd reached the spot his friend disappeared into he had already lost him to the waves.