Chapter 13: A mother's warmth

Hoseok

15th of September, Year 22

I knew Jimin had acted weird this morning, as if he'd already seen it coming. However, I never knew his condition was getting worse. Hell, the only thing he had told me was that he sometimes went to the hospital for some check-ups.

That day at the bus stop Jimin had a relapse. he stared at me, looking like he didn't process the view in front of him. All of a sudden Jiminie began shaking all over, falling on the ground, hurting himself in the process. I hated myself for not knowing how to help, I talked to him and kneeled down by him as the people around us walked past us. I felt their stares burning holes in my back, but at least I wanted to protect Jimin from them.

A teacher from our school saw the accident happening and said an ambulance was coming. Jimin had already been in this state for over 5 minutes and it had become an emergency cause.

In order to save him he had to be hospitalized.

The moment the ambulance arrived they took Jiminie and me with them. After injecting him with some medicine his body had went limp and he was just lying there.

"It'll be all right Minnie; these nice people will make you better. You can go home soon." I softly whispered in his ear while I held his hand tightly.

At the hospital I held Jimin's shoulder tightly, not wanting to let him go. I saw his mother coming this way from across the emergency room, I knew her appearance because of all the times I had eaten a meal with her and Jiminie. She looked a lot like him, but she didn't give off the same vibe.

I wanted to go after his bed that was being pushed away towards another room, his mother saw my attempt on going after him and she kindly pushed me back. It wasn't a hard push, she thanked me kindly and said that I should go home.

She tried to seem friendly but I had known that stare, it was blaming me for what had happened to Jimin. I wanted to explain what had triggered him but in the end I was to afraid. I didn't see the bed with Jimin in it anymore and in my hurry to leave I stumbled backwards, falling on the floor while her shadow loomed over me.

After that day, Jimin didn't go to school anymore.