Chapter 10: Happy place

Jimin

August 30th, 2019

While Hoseok was answering his phone call I joked around by stepping on his shadow. I was impatiently waiting for him to hang up his call and play with me. After a long day of school I wanted some much-needed fun and Hoseok was the only one who could give it to me.

He gave me a big smile that showed all of his teeth, a nod followed soon after. It meant that he would get back to me if his phone call ended, chasing after me on our 2 hours walk home. He only told me a few weeks ago that his home was in a totally different direction, but he didn't want to show me his living place yet. It was a total mess according to him.

Hyung was the only person that tried to get through to me when I had first arrived at my new school. After being in and out of the hospital, having no friends left, I began secluding myself from everyone. Afraid of hurting them by being absent for small periods of time on irregular basis. I also had switched schools many times because my mother thought that a lot of them made my condition worse. I had become tired of making friends, in the end I would leave them behind anyways.

Hoseok wouldn't have any of that and stalked me around for a few weeks until I gave in. He was the only person to spend my 2 hours walk home with and I appreciated his positive presence. He was always smiling and thinking about my well-being, however I didn't want to tell him about my condition. Maybe he would get tired of me if he knew, I didn't want him to go.

Not him.

I heard the phone call coming to an end and started to sprint, knowing that Hyung would be coming after me really soon. I laughed as I heard a scream and the sound of quick footsteps behind me. I saw a shadow surpassing my body and soon I felt the arms sneak around my middle and pulling me in a hug.

The sun shone brightly on us and the sound of cicadas left a peaceful vibe on the background, suddenly I became scared. How long would these days last?